First Day of Couch 2 5k!

Options
2»

Replies

• AllyBird82
    AllyBird82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am on week 3 of C25K.

I have never run outside of gym class, and while I walked 60 miles in 3 days last summer, running has always been something that I've avoided. I've signed up for a 5K and am planning a 2nd one this summer so I'm excited to meet those goals!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just did day two of week two today and I did week one twice. I have a 5k in April and I'm hoping to not have to walk any of it.
  • lsu_kb
    Options
    Take it slow! Don't over do it. After two weeks of the C25k program my knees ended up swelling and hurting. I had to take two weeks off to let the swelling go down. Apparently my knees don't like treadmills.

Don't rush yourself, but don't hold yourself back. Repeat a week if needed, but certainly don't stay on a week because you feel comfortable with it.

I'm on week 5 currently and I'm loving it and I actually look forward to my running days...partially because I get to eat more. ;) I've also been blogging about my journey just so I remember the milestones and my first 5k is Saturday. I'll be using this as a training day. I may run the dreaded week 5 day 3 on race day.