High protein dessert for tonight

Options
Anyone have a recipie for a quick and easy dessert that gives a nice amount of protein. Please no milk shakes.
Thanks

Lee

Replies

• chateaux7
    chateaux7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Berries with vanilla Greek yogurt? You can add honey, nuts, whatever. If you have a Trader Joe's they have a nonfat one that's great.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    protein powder in some pudding like chocolate protien powder in banana creme pudding
  • Momzilla2five
    Momzilla2five Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you like pumpkin, get a large coffee mug and spray with Pam. In the cup put one egg white, 1/2 cup pumpkin purée, 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds and 1 scoop vanilla whey. Mix well, add a tad of water and "cook" in microwave for 1.3 - 2 min. My micro takes 1.8 min. It's a great pumpkin muffin!!!

Have you ever added xanthan gum to shakes? Thickens it up like ice cream!!! When I have one, I'll use 8 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 Tbsn peanut butter, 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate whey, 1/2 tspn xanthan gum. Then put it in freezer for 15 min..... Sooooooo good!!!
  • Momzilla2five
    Momzilla2five Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot this one....it's my fav!!! A good Greek yogurt like PLAIN Fage is very similar to casein. 1 cup 0% Fage Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsn natural peanut butter, 1 scoop choco whey. Mix it up and let it set. The longer you let it sit in fridge, the thicker the PB becomes. This is a super bedtime snack for growing muscles!!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Or just something simple like peanut butter spread on a granola bar or sliced banana. A small portion of ice cream (lower fat or reg. depending upon your calorie goals) with a generous portion of chopped nuts would do it too. If you are going out to dinner, cheesecake would have some protein--but it is very high in calories!