Others Like Me (Young and with A LOT to Lose)

Options
13»

Replies

• Gemini_at_36
    Options
    well I'm not exactly in my 20's, I'm (OMG, I just figured out I was turning 38 this year), but I don't feel like it -- but I wil definately be your friend and supportive....Keep up the good work, One day at a time. and most of all, enjoy each day.
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 26, and I started my weight loss a little more than a year ago. These are my stats:

Height: 5'8.5" / 174 cm
    High weight: 260 lb / 118 kg
    Starting weight: 242 lb / 110 kg
    Current weight: 187 lb / 85 kg
    First goal: 163 lb / 74 kg (in the "healthy" range)

So I've already lost about 73 pounds, and I still have at least 24 to go. When I reach my first goal, my plan is to reevaluate and make a new goal from that point.

I log on every day, unless I am traveling (I travel out of country fairly often). I eat a lot because I exercise a lot. I also think I'm a pretty good MFP friend, and I would love to have some more supportive friends! So, everyone feel free to add me!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm young...at heart if not in age!!! Anyway, I see that you plan to teach and that was my profession so we do have some things in common. Anyway, you seem to be in that spot in life where you're ready for a change and have already taken a big step with those first pounds lost. It's a journey with ups and downs and if you keep positive and just realize that's part of the journey, you'll arrive at the destination you want. I wish you success in both your personal life and your chosen career. Give yourself some small rewards along the way to celebrate. After all, you deserve to be as healthy as possible, feel even more wonderful, and enjoy all the things you desire. Good luck to you!
  • carryonthefight
    carryonthefight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just recently turn 21 last week and my starting weight is 298. I basically had a breakdown because of how close to 300 I was. It wasn't good. There was a whole lot of crying and I was pissed that I let myself get this bad. I'm going to send everyone here a request if that's ok. It's hard to do this alone and I would like to have some friend around my age that understand what I'm going through.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like :)
  • hinatakatana
    Options
    Hello :)
    Im 22 and nearing the end of my battle with the bulge.. I lost 105lbs so far but really struggling with the last 20lbs
    I can help you stay motivated if you would like, I pretty much went through it on my own and would have appreciated the support.

so I just wanted to say hi and let you know that you CAN do it
  • kncvl
    kncvl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm always down to be buddies! I'm 24 and have lost 90lbs, still trying to lose 20 more (will reassess then). I'm currently doing 30 Day Shred so I post about that sometimes. I really like having friends to help motivate, so I'll send you a request!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me :) I only have roughly 15lbs to lose but I am 22 and have already lost around 15lbs :)

Infact, anyone is welcome to add me!
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi am 26 5'0 and started my weight lost at 193 I just started MFP yesterday but and am at 179 need a lot of support. I want to be able to play with my children and not feel too tired. I already have arthritis and need to find some strength
  • glupegarcia
    Options
    hey! I'm also a college freshman and would love to receive support and advice from others in the same position.
  • carryonthefight
    carryonthefight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi am 26 5'0 and started my weight lost at 193 I just started MFP yesterday but and am at 179 need a lot of support. I want to be able to play with my children and not feel too tired. I already have arthritis and need to find some strength

I have arthritis too. It's so hard to find a exercise that doesn't cause great pain. I'm sending you a request.
  • Jaceve1
    Options
    Well I'm 23 yr old college student and right now I weigh 254.1 lbs. Like you, I've never been small. A year and a half ago I found out that I was gluten intolerant and also allergic to corn and rice . Bummer , after that I went from 270 to 220 , and the weight has been creeping back . I started a profile a while ago , but never kept up with it until now. My clothes don't fit, my legs rub , my dresses are outlining my belly and I'm just sick of it all. I just need support because I'm really not receiving any positive support at all :-( .
  • pariegurlie
    pariegurlie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hey! Im new to MFP too! I have over 100 pounds to lose and im looking for friends and motivation!
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options

I have arthritis too. It's so hard to find a exercise that doesn't cause great pain. I'm sending you a request.

I have arthritis too. Added both of you!