17weeks til the big day - GULP!

KathBaxter
KathBaxter Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Getting married in 17 weeks & still haven't reached my goal weight!
The first few weeks were going great but now my weight will not budge! I aim to get to 9st but am stuck at 9st7lb.
I lost 5lb in the first 2weeks and now things are not moving.
I exercise 4/5 times a week & eat fish salads every day, plus plenty of fruits. I gave up chOcolate, crisps, sweets, alcohol, caffeine, cake, biscuits & fizzy pop for New Years Eve & am still going strong.
Why why oh why am I not losing weight!?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    First of all, congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'm getting married in October....I've been at this for two years and I've done great so far, but lately I just can't stick with it, I skip work outs and I eat bad. I know what's wrong with my weight loss, I just don't know why I can't do better like I was.

It's hard to say what might be wrong without more info. How many calories do you eat, do you eat your exercise calories, do you ever have a cheat day or meal to shake up your system? How much do you have to lose? Not having much weight to lose can be very slow. Look at what you're doing and change something....if you don't eat your exercise calories, start eating them or at least half. If you're only eating 1200 calories, bump it up to 1350 and see if that changes anything. Good luck!
  • Well, I was eating the same sorts of meals every day... weetabix, salad & vegetarian type dinner with maybe 2 ricecakes as a snack. This last week I have tried eating fattier foods to see if my body will then shed the weight now I'm back on healthy food. I weigh 9st7lb & am 5ft 8.5" so I dont have a great deal to lose. I think this is why things are moving very slow.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding too, hope the plans are running smoothly :-) xx
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Firstly, Congrats! I'm getting married next year and started on the health-kick very early, lol

You might want to switch up your exercise. Change your cardio. If you do strength training, change the weights you use and the number of reps. If you do yoga, switch to pilates, and vice versa. Get a new fitness or aerobics video. Just switch things up, make your body work differently.

My other piece of advice is to lower your sodium intake--this has always been helpful to me. I keep my daily sodium below 2000mg. Many people shoot for under 1500mg. Decide what's best for you.

Keep us posted?
This discussion has been closed.