Prompt to Evaluate Goals after 10 lbs lost?

AllisonMS
AllisonMS Posts: 104
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I just got a prompt from MFP saying, "You've lost more than 10 pounds. Do you want to reevaluate your goals?"

I loved getting this prompt -- I seriously thought that my breast cancer and baby weight were permanent fixtures on my body -- but I'm 3.5 pounds away from my wedding weight (and, really, I probably don't get much skinnier than that).

But MFP won't let me change any goals. It may be a technical problem, because I never did my measurements (big regret).

Plus, if I could change goals, what might I want to change at this point? It seems premature to me to change anything before I reach my goal, since what I'm doing is working. But I'm still curious about this prompt from MFP and what others have done.

Thanks!

Replies

• cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    that is weird it won't let you change your goals. i figured maybe because you might need less calories now than before, but who knows.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    I have this same problem, it prompts me to change my goals...but I can never get to that point. not sure what I am doing wrong. I just left it as it was tho.
  • sjcply
    I have this same problem, it prompts me to change my goals...but I can never get to that point. not sure what I am doing wrong. I just left it as it was tho.
    [/quote

when I click on YES (to change goals) it automatically takes me back to log in my weight.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    I do this manually myself every 5 pounds or so since you need less calories the more you lose. You can do it under the settings tab then clicking the Update diet/fitness profile link. On the bottom is the update profile link that will reevaluate how many calories you need.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    It always prompts me at 10 pounds too but if my goal is the same my calories have stayed the same. You can also just go in under goals and update. I let MFP calculate it for me since I don't know any of the healthy recommendations and it's worked great for me! I reached my weight goal in Feb. after 6 months!
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    I've seen this prompt...the 1st time I went with their suggestions, which took away 280 calories a day and also some fat,carbs, and protein accordingly. The 2nd time though I didn't change it cause I was losing 2lbs a week doing what I was doing and didn't feel like I needed less calories.
    If you're already at 1200 calories that would probably why it won't let you change anything because 1200 is there "limit" for how many you should eat a day.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Ah ha. I'm at 1200 a day now, and have been the whole time. Hence it won't let me go lower.

Thanks for all your input and for explaining!

I'm relieved....seriously, how was I going to get by on less than 1200???
  • sjcply
    I've seen this prompt...the 1st time I went with their suggestions, which took away 280 calories a day and also some fat,carbs, and protein accordingly. The 2nd time though I didn't change it cause I was losing 2lbs a week doing what I was doing and didn't feel like I needed less calories.
    If you're already at 1200 calories that would probably why it won't let you change anything because 1200 is there "limit" for how many you should eat a day.

aha....that goes for me also! I have always been at 1200! I am glad it wont let me go lower I would probably starve!
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.