Any ideas for a low calorie vegetarian dinner?

Options
Preferably around the 300cal mark?
And with tons of vegetables? I have a real veggie craving...

Replies

• GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    I was going to make pizza for dinner using Bisquick Smart Heart mix for the dough. Use Morningstar Farms crumbles & whatever veggies you want on top. Instead of the usual red sauce, I'm using bbq sauce tonight. I have reduced fat colby-monterey jack cheese instead of the usual mozzarella.
  • supercool111
    Options
    Oh that sounds like a great idea! I don't know what "Bisquick Smart Heart mix" is but I'm usre I could substitute with half a wholemeal pitta bread or something!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    We make stir fry. Brown rice and frozen veggies with a little tamari sauce on top! As long as I stay away from those darn crunchy noodles I can stay low in calories!
  • supercool111
    Options
    We make stir fry. Brown rice and frozen veggies with a little tamari sauce on top! As long as I stay away from those darn crunchy noodles I can stay low in calories!

I LOVE stir fries! I tend to avoid them though because they are SO delicious that I find it really hard to control my portions...
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    Oh that sounds like a great idea! I don't know what "Bisquick Smart Heart mix" is but I'm usre I could substitute with half a wholemeal pitta bread or something!

here a link to what the box looks like & the nutritional info. you can make tons of stuff w/ it.

http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/product_image.aspx?catID=51&itemID=1810
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Ratatouille?
  • tracyrice
    Options
    I make a very hearty Vege soup with trader Joe's Vege stock or a high quality/organic vege soup stock like Imagine's Non Chicken - chicken stock. Add celery ,onion, carrots and lots of bok choy. If you want to spice it up a little you can add a little curry and soy sauce or Braggs. Yummy, my kids eat it. It tastes a little like miso soup. It is so low in cals you can eat a lot of it or bulk it up with baked tofu .
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    i had an awesome salad the other day...
    veggies: spring mix for greens (or whatever you like); asparagus (raw), strawberries, cucumber
    dressing: 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup orange juice, some green scallions, bit of salt/pepper to taste --- blended until smooth
    makes 2 servings --- 120 cal per serving...

you can likely add whatever veggies you want... you can pair it with some pita & humus to make it more filling although the salad was all i needed...

surprisingly yummy!!!
  • supercool111
    Options
    these ideas are wonderful! Thanks you guys!