avababy05
avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
Any good recipes?

Replies

• brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    bump (I just bought some today):smile:

Though a truly simple but delicious "go to" is to slice it and brush it with olive oil then season it with garlic salt & pepper and grill it for 3-5 minutes per side (or use a grill pan indoors).
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    bump also

I've only used it once and it was totally disgusting... I think that might have been more my fault than the eggplant's, though.
  • avababy05
    Options
    Someone gave me some today.The only way I've ever made it is SERIOULSY unhealthy.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Eggplant Pizzas.
    Oven 400. Slice and roast covered on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes. Chop your veggies you would like to use then when the eggplant is done layer as if a pizza, tomato sauce, veggies, parm then back into the oven uncovered for 8-10 minutes. The rebaking gets things warm and melty along with crisping up the eggplant so you can pick it up and eat it without it being sloppy. Still good if sloppy I must say.
  • trumpeteramu
    trumpeteramu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Eggplant parmesan. I cut one eggplant into thin slices, mix 1 egg and about 2/3 cup of water, dip the eggplant in the mixture, then dip it in bread crumbs (your choice). Then, fry the coated eggplant in a little bit of oil. After cooking, place the eggplant in a 8 x 11 pan, cover with your favorite spaghetti sauce (and cheese if you desire). Place in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until eggplant is soft and sauce is bubbling. My mom serves it with spaghetti noodles, but I don't
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    For anything and everything you ever want to know about picking, cooking, and making a couple yummy dishes with eggplants, please watch this very entertaining and excellent 20 minute video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFc8jHT2NY
  • avababy05
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas:smile:
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It makes a good addition to thai curries. Cube it up and toss it in around the same time you add your protein.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love ratatouille. It has eggplant in it plus other great veggies. I could eat it all the time.
  • tsalihah
    tsalihah Posts: 6
    Options
    how does eggplant taste like? I have never eaten one in my life -due to the irrational fear of vegetables.

is it soft and mushy or does it have more bite to it?