Nothing like a good competition..

Options
So I've been pretty off track lately. Turns out so has my best friend, and last night, he made me an offer I couldn't really refuse. Our exams are over in 2 weeks, April 20th, and the challenge is to see who can lose the most by then.

I was a little nervous at first, just because I was afraid this would jeopardize our friendship, if things got too competitive, but then I realized as much as I'd like to win, I'd be happy for her if she did, too. It's a great feeling =)

Anywayss, the prize is whoever wins has to pay for the other persons tattoo/ piercing, (tattoo for her, belly button for me) I don't really have the money for either, so I'm not gonna lose! It's so motivational though, I just want to exercise all day lol =p

Replies

• demiahbryant
    demiahbryant Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Competitions are fantastic! I lost 10 pounds during Thanksgiving competing against a co-worker, and I've lost another 12 pounds competing against 10 other co-workers in a "biggest-loser" competition. They're great motivators, and everybody wins. I'm trying to think of ideas for another office competition before beach season begins.

Good luck on your competition! If she's not going 100%, tease her by telling her how much you'll enjoy the free piercing. That will get her fired up, and you'll have to step up (in order to save face).

I'm not the greatest athlete, but I'm a great competitor.
  • Jamis09
    Jamis09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Healthy competition never hurt anyone, and I believe it really does help kick your butt in gear when you need it most! :smile:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I can't believe how motivated I am now. Just yesterday I was pummeling threw yet another tub of ice cream, which I promptly threw out this morning, and followed up by 2 rounds of p90x plyo. I am so fired up!

That's awesome Demiah! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: