Finally saying hi

Options
So I've been using MFP (off and on) for about a year now. I lost 22 lbs last year, then played around with gaining and re-losing the same 5 lbs over and over. During the 2012 holidays I gained 9lbs bringing my net weight loss to 13lbs. Since the start of this year, I have lost 7 of the 9lbs I gained during the holidays and I am hoping to keep on keeping on. I am going on a cruise the end of April and have a couple of cute sundresses I want to fit in to before then.

I work for a huge law enforcement agency as a 911 dispatcher, 12 hour shifts. I actually eat better on days I work than I do on days I am off. I want to get better at working out. Right now, most days, I go to the gym on my 30 minute break and do 20 minutes on the elliptical. I know I need to do more and I am working on psyching myself up for it.

My living situation makes eating right difficult, but not impossible. It's just a matter of making it work (which by losing the 7lbs I have proved to myself that I CAN make it work).

I guess that is all for right now. :)

Replies

• fitnessmare
    Options
    I just started MFP and I'm loving it. I never was one to keep track of the foods I eat and, because I'm very active I could eat just about anything I wanted (within reason). Now that I'm 50 I can't eat like that anymore. I gained weight in my midsection and I want it off! I like that I can find out how I'm doing with carbs vs fats vs protein. I was way too high on the carbs! I'm in the process of fixing that. My job gives me a lot of upper body strength so my goal is to strengthen my core and my lower body. I can tell the sqats are working!

It's good to meet you. Add me if you want to. I need friends to keep me motivated. Thanks.
  • audra0831
    Options
    Hi! I've been using MFP for around six weeks and I love it! I'm sending a friend request - let's do this! :happy: