Super Nerdy and Looking for Friends

Options
Hey everyone!

So I'm completely new to MFP, and it seems pretty awesome so far. I'm looking for some friends with similar interests so we can help motivate each other.

I'm definitely what most people would call a nerd. I always have at least 2 books in my purse, plus my nook....and I usually go through 4 or 5 books a week. I also consider myself a gamer. I've got an Xbox360, and I mostly play Call of Duty games, but I've also got stuff like Dance Central for Kinect....and I love the Tales games. I've got a PS3, and mostly play Little Big Planet on that...all the other games for it are my Fiance's.

I consider myself more of a PC gamer though. From a young age I loved playing stuff like Roller-coaster Tycoon, and then the Sims. Then I got into more fantasy based stuff like Heroes of Might and Magic, and eventually that lead to FFXI, World of Warcraft, and now League of Legends. I actually just downloaded an N64 Emulator and a Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ROM because that was always one of my favorite games, and I wanted to play it on my PC.

I also love tabletop games. Munchkin is one of my favorites, and I'm also usually up for the random Dungeons and Dragons campaign....although I've been so busy with school lately that I don't have any weekly games going on. Oh, and I'm also super crafty. I crochet, I paint, and I sew. I have boxes of costumes that I've thrown together in my closet...ranging from cosplay costumes to halloween to stuff for renaissance festivals.

Yeah, I'm in college. I love it. I'm almost 23 years old, and I'm an Interdisciplinary Studies major, minoring in Music and specializing in Early Childhood - 6th grade. I hope to be an Elementary School Music Teacher some day, but if that doesn't work out I would be happy teaching anything from Pre-K to around 2nd or 3rd grade. I love kids, and I am so excited to finish my degree and finally get out there in the field.

I'm a musician. I play cello, bass, violin, viola, guitar, some piano, and I sing. Music has always been a huge part of my life, and I don't know where I would be without it. It's gotten me through a lot of tough times, and I don't think I would be the person that I am today if I hadn't had it in my life.

I'm engaged. My fiance is absolutely amazing, and we've been engaged for like 7 months. We've been best friends since freshman year of high school, and we've been dating about 3 years. We're not getting married until the end of 2014 because of money, which is actually a good thing because I have a lot of weight to lose...

I already bought my wedding dress, and it's too small. It's a $2700 Oleg Cassini gown that was on clearance for $600. If you don't know who Oleg Cassini is, he designed all of Jackie Kennedy's clothes when she was first lady. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I couldn't pass it up...even though it's about 3 sizes too small. Lol

I've got a lot of weight to lose, but I know that I will get there eventually. I'm actually pretty excited for the journey, because my fiance will be doing it with me...and I think that's awesome. I'm so glad that he and I are going to start our new life together both happy AND healthy.

So yeah, if you're looking for a new friend on MFP and you feel like we would get along well, go ahead and add me!

~Divine