Anyone have strange reason for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I always have that fear of falling off a mountain and not being able to hold myself, or pull myself off the ledge.

I better get working on my pullups!

OMG This is me and some girls at work! We were joking about how people in movies can hang on edge of cliff then pull themselves up. Not one of us could do a stinking pull-up, so we workout together now. LOL I might actually last a minute or two on the cliff edge now....well a good 30 seconds maybe...
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I want to try and avoid the situation where I'm too weak to save my kids. The report about the father losing his grip on his kid during the Indonesian tsunami is something I'll never forget.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I like to daydream, (I *ahem* won't mention what about) and I'm tired of imagining myself thin. :( I woke up one day and said, "Why can't I just GET thin? There's nothing stopping me!" So here I am! :) (Side note, this is also one of the reasons I learned martial arts and how to fight with a sword - I wanted to BE that bad a-- I dreamed about!)
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You guys and gals are all awesome! A little nuts, but awesome! I LOVE white water rafting. Best place is on the Ocoee River in TN in the summer!!!! Come visit!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    because I need to know that

a. I can survive a zombie apocalypse !! (that's REALLY important!!)

b. As a cavewoman I would've had the strength to run from all the lions and dinosaurs (REAL important in survival of the fittest!)

c. Whenever I hear the world is going to end (i.e 2012) I need to know that I would make surviving look darn easy !!

d. plus **ahem** I had to make a poster of my ideal/fantasy baby daddy and realised I got to look as good/in his league!
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok so this thread reminds me of a story i heard about a couple of dudes on a hiking trip in the Yukon wilderness. They heard a crash in the brush behind them and one screamed "it's a grizzly, run for your life!" The huge bear was gaining on them fast.....the guy frantically exclaimed "we can't out run him he's too fast!!!!" His friend calmly replied "I don't have to out run him.....all I have to do is out run you!"
  • RoarNCorgi20s
    RoarNCorgi20s Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to pull up my shirt and trace those lines on both sides of the belly button ^_^
    haha...
    cant do it though when they are missing... :'( cant wait to get back on the wagon..
  • homemademama
    homemademama Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I secretly want to be a ninja =)

It's probably kind of hard to be a ninja if you can't even do a pull-up. Just sayin'.

I've made myself a solemn promise that if I am ever forced by circumstances to do customer service work again I will moonlight as a ninja and hunt down the rude ones.

Still working on the pullups. Also, must look good in ninja-wear!

also, i have a list from my coffee-serving days. you know, in case you're taking orders for rude people to hunt down...
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had an epidural during labour, and they had to take me for a c-section...it took a lot of nurses to transfer me from the labour bed to the stretcher since I was frozen...like 4-5? I don't want to be that person again when I have another baby.

That happened to me with my first child. I don't remember how many people had to lift me but I remember feeling horrified that they had to lift me. I thought these people are so going to drop me.
  • suntea514
    Options
    When I hear the TARDIS landing, I want to be fast enough to catch up with The Doctor before he leaves.

^This! This is the only reason that’s better than the zombie apocalypse!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I don't want to die young if I can help it.

Not silly or funny, but it is my reason for staying thin and working out all the time. And giving up smoking.
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many people have mentioned a zombie apocalypse. This zombie fad is so obnoxious.

I was going to say the same thing, I can not believe how many are saying cause of Zombies. first person to see a real life Zombie please let me know...

I would say i just want to be fit, and stronger to know I could whoop someones ^%$ if they try to hurt me or my loved ones.
    I have never thought about some of the things you guys have said, I am not HUGE I am like 50 pounds heavier then what everything say i should be for my height but I am a bigger guy have always lifted stuff. can pick up more stuff then the norm person.

If something was ever laying on top of someone i loved and I needed to pick it up off them to save there life that is why I want to be fit and not overweight.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I secretly want to be a ninja =)

It's probably kind of hard to be a ninja if you can't even do a pull-up. Just sayin'.

I've made myself a solemn promise that if I am ever forced by circumstances to do customer service work again I will moonlight as a ninja and hunt down the rude ones.

Still working on the pullups. Also, must look good in ninja-wear!

also, i have a list from my coffee-serving days. you know, in case you're taking orders for rude people to hunt down...

:laugh: Maybe I can make a living as a rude customer assassin. Ten bucks a pop sound good to you?

Gotta be able to do that pull up and look all slinky in the ninja gear first, then I'll start taking orders!
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit enough to be a ninja so that I can stop bullets with my sword. I live in Chicago so you can never be too sure about your safety.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When I hear the TARDIS landing, I want to be fast enough to catch up with The Doctor before he leaves.

Yes.
  • joellendstokes
    Options
    I have to agree with the zombies. Zombieland Rules clearly state "cardio" lol
    I would hate to be eaten cause im to fat to run x.x
  • ShamsZahar
    Options
    I don't want to be the first of my friends to get bit in the zombie apocalypse.
    On a more serious note my mother is very obese and had a lot of health problems. She says when she was my age she was my size. I refuse to be on that path.
  • lcking82
    lcking82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to get fit so that when strange opportunites pop up on my travels, I won't be too out of shape to do them--paddle boarding in Hawaii, cross-country skiing in Colorado....I don't want to feel too tired and wimpy to be able to just go do this fun stuff!
  • hblNOT
    Options
    Im going to an anime convention. My character is crazy buff. Although I don't wanna be buff, i at least want to look like i am
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to dress up like Batwoman and surprise my boyfriend one fine night. I mean, I could do that right now if I wanted to, but I'd get cramps from sucking in my gut so hard.