Flossing credits?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I flossed twice daily but realised my dominant flossing arm was getting bulky. Now I gargle with 1 part hydrochloric acid to 6 parts spinach/kale/carrot juice and all my food particulates are taken care of while my metabolism is fueled.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Reasons why I love this website.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    i don't like to weigh the tiny bits so after i pick them out of my floss i eat them again. that way my food log is completely accurate.

I think that this ^^ is the only way to be truly accurate. Unless you have the particles analyzed, you can't be sure of what it is that you are subtracting back out. That little beige glob could be anything from rice to a piece of the toenail you chewed off earlier (and better have logged, people). Those items have totally different macros. Do you want inaccurate macros at the end of the day? No, I didn't think so.

As to logging the calories burned while flossing, well, that's just silly. Unless of course you were chewing ice and hopping on one foot while doing it.
    Yeah I was looking in the MFP database for "Generic - flossing detritus" but surprisingly I couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm just using the wrong search terms. I think you're right though, unless it's something recognizable like corn or roast you're probably better off eating it so you don't throw off your count. Too bad, I was hoping to save up enough to eat a sleeve of Chips Ahoy but I guess not.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Too bad, I was hoping to save up enough to eat a sleeve of Chips Ahoy but I guess not.

The road to better fitness can be a rough one, full of tough sacrifices. We are all here to support you & keep you on track on your journey.