Just threw away all of the chocolate

Options
I had to tell someone!!!!

It feels scary... but AMAZING at the same time. I finally realized that I'm not going to be able to do this with it in the house. I can hardly go a day without having chocolate (usually chocolate chip cookies) after dinner, and I've never been able to have just a little at a time.

I'm not saying I'm never going to have chocolate again - but I'm going to beat this addiction (because I really believe it is one) once and for all!

Replies

• DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Okay!!!!

Let us know how you're doing with that in a few days. Good luck!!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I did that about a week after Christmas and have been doing great! Until stupid valentines day, I'm on like day 5 of binging......I'm going to have to work on this holiday thing, my weak spot I guess.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You are stronger than I am. I love chocolate!

Good luck!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

As a regular chocoholic, I thought I would find it hard, but I have not had chocolate since Christmas and haven't really thought about it. The changes that I am making in my life and my future goals are just SO much more valuable to me than some Cadburys.

When you think of chocolate, just remember that it's not going to help you get to goal as fast as you would without it.

If you can't resist, buy one tiny chocolate for after dinner and suck it slowly and savour it rather than just wolfing it down. It's easier to appreciate if you ration smaller portions.
  • hulkweazel
    hulkweazel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed in you. Should have sent the chocolate to me, I would have taken it.
  • healthyme155
    Options
    If you end up craving it to the point you can't take it any more, go for some super dark chocolate. Lindt makes a bar with sea salt and caramel chunks in it that I could eat just 1 square of and be set on chocolate for a week or more.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Is eliminating chocolate part of a permanent lifestyle change? If so, I feel sad for you. :cry: I'm eating chocolate right now and I wouldn't want to lose it from my daily diet. I agree with other posters who recommend dark chocolate. It's stronger so you don't need as much to satisfy the cravings. :flowerforyou:
  • wldrose75
    Options
    As a regular chocoholic, I thought I would find it hard, but I have not had chocolate since Christmas and haven't really thought about it. The changes that I am making in my life and my future goals are just SO much more valuable to me than some Cadburys.

Cadburys... (shivers in joy)
  • spinnybecky
    Options
    Good luck! I find it a lot easier to be moderate when I eat a piece of good quality dark chocolate rather than a dessert made with chocolate (i.e. chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, etc.) I will take a small square of chocolate, often break it in half or even quarters, and suck on each tiny piece as it melts on my tongue. It is absolutely delicious and a great treat in the evenings with a cup of tea. You can have a few squares of dark chocolate for very few calories...so if you don't want to give it up entirely, that's a delicious option!
  • stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Commiserations from a fellow chocolate lover. I don't have any in the house, but i still eat it and have lost weight. I have my favourite chocolate stashed at a friends place and only let myself have a couple of pieces (2 or 3) every few days. I managed to lose 30kg by including it in my diet but being sensible. It's doable!
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Is eliminating chocolate part of a permanent lifestyle change? If so, I feel sad for you. :cry: I'm eating chocolate right now and I wouldn't want to lose it from my daily diet. I agree with other posters who recommend dark chocolate. It's stronger so you don't need as much to satisfy the cravings. :flowerforyou:

I agree. I made double chocolate brownies with peanut butter centers tonight. So yummy, I couldn't give that up for the rest of my life.