Lifestyle Change started Monday!

Options
Hey guys,

I started on Monday! I am 29 years old and 70 pounds overweight! I am your typical individual whom has yo-yo deited for about 7 years. I got married in August of 2000 and gained 100 pounds in about 3 years. I finally grasped that it needs to be a lifestyle change and a lifestyly that is honoring to God with the temple He has given me. I only get this body once. I am a Youth Pastor and I dont believe I can be and do all that God wants me to do unless I surrender my addiction to food to him. I think too many pastors get caught up in this trap and it hinders their ministry. I am a Youth Pastor and need to be a better example to our teenagers and their families.

1. See food as an addiction that needs to be broke.
2. See it as a lifestyle change and not a diet.
3. Surrender all (my body also) to the Lord.

Thanks gang, I hope to get to know some of you through this.

Replies

• rfepps
    Options
    Hey guys,

I started on Monday! I am 29 years old and 70 pounds overweight! I am your typical individual whom has yo-yo deited for about 7 years. I got married in August of 2000 and gained 100 pounds in about 3 years. I finally grasped that it needs to be a lifestyle change and a lifestyly that is honoring to God with the temple He has given me. I only get this body once. I am a Youth Pastor and I dont believe I can be and do all that God wants me to do unless I surrender my addiction to food to him. I think too many pastors get caught up in this trap and it hinders their ministry. I am a Youth Pastor and need to be a better example to our teenagers and their families.

1. See food as an addiction that needs to be broke.
    2. See it as a lifestyle change and not a diet.
    3. Surrender all (my body also) to the Lord.

Thanks gang, I hope to get to know some of you through this.
  • kimford28
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! This is the first step to a healthy life!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You certainly have the right attitude. Dedication is within all of us. It's a matter of motivation. Sounds like your kids are lucky to have you. I won't say good luck, I will say good journey see you when you get there.