Greetings Programs.....

Options
...To steal a line from the Tron movies.

What can I say. The last decade has seen me become a hermit whom has focused inwards to find peace and tranquility in this world ever growing more chaotic and confusing. While I've succeed in that endeavor, I've allowed my metabolism and physical form to crumble into ruination. Hypertension, Adult Onset Diabetes (D2) and the pills that go with them followed. Something had to change.

This year I decide to bring myself back into balance when I chanced upon a review of this Site/App on nbcnews.com. I was intrigued, could it really be as simple as a few keystrokes daily to record your consumption in order to reduce your weight?

What did I have to lose, I speculated. So I began my personal experiment on Jan 11th of this year, 2013. At first it was difficult, who knew those hotdogs or BuckDoubles for lunch were so calorie dense? I was forced to reconsider my choices. Next came my enjoyment of alcohol. Again, those Lagers had to be substituted for Miller Lite. But wine was still on the menu. I would cut back, but I enjoy my libations, so cutting them out of my life entirely was not going to happen. Life is all about enjoyment and experiences.

Except for those small changes, I am still able to indulge in occasional treats, it's just when I meet my calorie goal, I must cut myself off for the remainder of the day. That is not to say I haven't gone over my goal, because I have, on many occasions. But by the same token, I've been under my goal a few times too, so it balances out; I hope. LOL The point is, this App does work!

While I've only been at it a month and a few days since I started, I've already lost 11 lbs. I'm 5'9" and started my quest at 268 lbs. Yesterday's weigh in was 257 lbs. I should add that this reduction has been with absolutely NO Physical Exercise whatsoever.

If I can keep up with this rate of weight reduction, I hope to reach my goal of 200 lbs by June. Perhaps more once the weather is more amicable to hiking, my physical activity of choice. I want to encourage those that are just starting as well that with perseverance and willpower, you too can achieve your goals and dreams. I look forward to reading more about everyone's success stories.

As they say in Latin, "Excelsior!"