Six Diet Mistakes

2»

Replies

• douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Source = the daily mail.

For those who don't know the paper think of it as a hard copy version of yahoo articles mixed in with a good dose of xenophobia.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Dear OP. i think it's great that you tried to do this. unfortunately, like the other posters pointed out, a lot of this article is broscience at best. but i applaud your efforts trying to share information. but the article is pap.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    They forgot something in their list: dust.

Anybody? No? Dust.
    I'm confused as to why people feel the need to copy/pasta stuff from google.
    Freudian slip there? :laugh:

Internet slang
    6020-Frisco-copypasta.jpg
    Awesome, never heard that one before.
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Dear OP. i think it's great that you tried to do this. unfortunately, like the other posters pointed out, a lot of this article is broscience at best. but i applaud your efforts trying to share information. but the article is pap.
    I did not google "diet" and post the first three results, nor did I post it as "fact". If anyone had bothered to follow up the link in my first post, they would have seen for themselves the article which I copied and pasted from today's edition of the Mail on Line, a UK paper. And yes, I agree absolutely with posters' low opinion of that paper. I did not say I agreed with what is written. Instead, it is posted for interest's sake - and, yes, to stir controversy. Isn't that what a discussion forum is for?
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Lots of my thin friends never eat breakfast.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Dailymail is not the best source of good and proven info.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    I'm confused as to why people feel the need to copy/pasta stuff from google.

Google makes pasta now! Do they deliver? :flowerforyou:

I foresee pasta in your near future, or maybe just a typo .:tongue:
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Fact Thin people eat breakfast; fat people don’t‘

As somebody who lives in Asia, I know many thin people who don't eat anything at all. All day. Every day.

FTW
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    1 SKIPPING BREAKFAST

Myth Not having breakfast encourages your body to burn fat

Fact Thin people eat breakfast; fat people don’t‘

Missing breakfast leads to overeating later in the day as blood sugar drops mid-morning, making you more compulsive around food and less likely to resist that double mocha and danish,’ says Dr Marilyn Glenville, author of Fat Around The Middle.

‘Plus, you are more likely to binge at night as your body plays catch-up on missed calories, making you more likely to store the calories as fat.’

Researchers at Imperial College London recently used MRI brain scans to study the effects of skipping breakfast.

They found the reward centres in the brains of breakfast-skippers lit up when they saw higher-calorie foods such as pizza, cake and chocolate, making them less likely to resist junk food than those who opted for an early morning meal.

What you should do Research at Pennington Biomedical Research Centre in the US found that those who started their day with two boiled eggs felt less hungry and ate less come lunchtime.

Any form of protein in the morning – plain yoghurt and berries, mackerel or smoked salmon, an omelette or raw muesli with nuts – makes for a breakfast of (thin) kings.

‘If you can’t face breakfast, eating a handful of walnuts or almonds an hour after waking will be enough to stop you bingeing later,’ says Dr John Briffa, author of Escape the Diet Trap.

For the other five read the article on:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2278053/The-DIET-MISTAKES-making-fat.html

I skip breakfast. . .I weigh 110lbs 12-15% bf. Yeah no, you're flat wrong.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Oh goody!! Another useless list filled with myth and misinformation to "elighten" us all!!