Easter Weekend with Family= Diet havoc

Options
So, it is a wonderful holiday weekend and we have family visiting. We will be eating a slow-cooker roast and a turkey tenderloin as far as I know. We are doing a little traveling so I am sure some fast food is on the agenda.. I just started this diet/lifestyle change last week and have done pretty well despite not exercising like I should. I have just been way too busy with work and school.
Now with family coming it will be hard to start the 30 day Shred.. but I am going to do it. I will set up the video in the office and close the door and just do it the first thing I wake up.

How do the "seasoned veterans" out there make it through holiday with family that are not watching what they eat? It is going to be tough but I am going to do my best!!!

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Decide what you are going to eat.....and what you are not. Log into this website and enter everything into it. See the totals, make adjustments...do some more walking in this nice weather.
    It's just a little bit more planning, but you can do it. If you go over, no big deal. It's just one day, but make sure you get back on the wagon the next day.
    Good luck, and Happy Easter!
    S
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead. If I am eating at someone's house I offer to bring a dish (and I make it something that supports my weight loss) My family usually has salad and something grilled so I know I will find something I can eat. I bring my own pre-measured salad dressing everywhere I dine. My family and friends are aware of my weight loss efforts and have been very supportive. If I travel I take a cooler with food I can eat. I also do as much pre-planning as possible. I have MFP app on my phone and I found this is very helpful. Have a great holiday.:flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    My plans are to hit it hard today and tomorrow and relax a little on Sunday. I can enjoy a few treats on Sunday as long as I log my cals and get some extra exercise in. Why not join us for a Skinny Saturday Challenge to keep yourself on track this weekend. Go here to check it out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89504-skinny-sat-challenge-7
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Log your dinner before you go.

Then make your fast food/lunch choices based on what you have left.

Or take the day off and just make wise choices.

Depends on how fast you want to fit into that dress.:wink:
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My plans are to hit it hard today and tomorrow and relax a little on Sunday. I can enjoy a few treats on Sunday as long as I log my cals and get some extra exercise in. Why not join us for a Skinny Saturday Challenge to keep yourself on track this weekend. Go here to check it out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89504-skinny-sat-challenge-7

Thanks for the Skinny Saturday Challenge! I will look into it. I can easily stay away from the chocolate though. I might make an angel food cake if his mom brings lots of bad goodies.. as she usually does =:) she's too cute. I would have the angel food cake with strawberries! Yum!

Thanks everyone for the tips. This is really my first holiday where I am actually TRYING to be good.. so we will see how it pans out!!
    Have a great holiday everyone!