Has anyone tried or completed Power 90?

abutterflyemerges
abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am interested in trying Power 90. I made the mistake of trying to do PX90 and then was told to start with Power 90. I want to know if I need a pull up bar or will be using one. How about weights? I know I will be using resistance bands. Also How long are the workouts?

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,033 Member
    I've done Power 90. I've also done P90X, which gives you much more variety than Power 90. If you have X, you might want to give it a try and just "Do your best and forget the rest." That said, Power 90 is a good starting point. The workouts max out at about 45 minutes for Phase 3/4, and you don't need a pull-up bar — just dumbbells or resistance bands.

There are lots of other Beachbody programs to consider. For instance, I have gotten my absolute best results with Slim in 6 and Slim Series. A lot of people really enjoy ChaLEAN Extreme and Turbo Jam.

I'm about to head upstairs to do my Mix It Up workout from Slim Series. Holler if you have any other questions, and I can answer them in an hour or so...
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I do the Power 90 program. I was doing it diligently from 9/7/09 to 11/11/09, but then got sick, and then just wasn't consistent after that. But I am back doing the workouts again. The Power 90 Sweat 1-2 is about 45 mins plus abs and the Sculpt 1-2 is 28 minutes. I use weights--5lbs, 8lbs, and 10lbs. The first I did the workouts, I did move to the second dvd Sweat and Sculpt 3-4 and they are 5 to 10 minutes longer respectively.

I definitely would recommend it. Hopefully one day I will be able to try P90X.
  • PJilly
    P.S. Real quick before I go work out, here's a link to a video product overview of Slim in 6 in case you're interested:
    http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/PJilly?bctid=45346531001
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Jill, thank you for the advice. I do own slim in 6 but breeze right through it so I thought I bump it up with Power 90. Which one do recommend is better or should I say give me more of a workout?

No to PX90, I am not at that level yet.

Sherri
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    I am doing Power 90 and I'm on about day 35. Just started phase 3/4 last Saturday. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get fit! Only costs around $60. I don't like the bands but use 8 and 10 pound weights. Good luck!
  • PJilly
    You're welcome, Sherri.

WrenLynn is right that Power 90 is a good one. Which one would be best for you is so hard to say. It's such a subjective, personal thing. You said you breezed through Slim in 6. When I was doing Burn It Up, I was thinking about how much harder it was than P90X! LOL. Slim Series has more of a strength focus than Slim in 6, and I think it's slightly less intense than SI6 cardio-wise. Personally, I am loving it more than P90 or P90X, but I got a lot out of those as well, so I'm certainly not knocking them.
  • tappels
    tappels Posts: 9
    I have been doing the P90X for almost 2 weeks now and hate to say I love it, but I can feel a difference. Did not know I was to start with the 90. This is one that the husband wanted and so far it is not bad. You do have to work up to the level that they are on but I think that over the next couple of weeks I might just make it. So far the P90X is a great workout.
This discussion has been closed.