• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    How do you justify a cheat day?

you dont.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    the only time i purposely consume more calories is when i am cutting body fat % and once a week i will have a higher carbohydrate day either on a leg workout day or a back workout day.. cutting my protein down to minimum levels 1g per lb. of lean mass, and fat down to minimum levels around 40g and then eating about 300-400cals over in purely carbohydrates in order to heighten metabolism because carbs have a great affect on raising metabolism rather than protein or fats especially when in an energy defecit..

i dont consider this a cheat day because i have to still watch what i eat and basically most foods you associate with carbs are also high in fats (pizza, cookies, cake, etc.) has to be strictly carb sources like rice cakes, potatoes, fruits,.. someone who is greatly overweight doesnt need to use this technique but the leaner you get the more of these higher carb days i would recomend... when i start to get around 10% or under i might do 2 high carb days a week and play around with macro amounts.
  • katiekfloo
    Options
    I wouldn't have a cheat day, but a cheat meal is definitely okay. You can't spend the rest of your life never indulging in something once in a while. I have a cheat meal only about 1-2 times a month, and it's usually froyo with an intense amount of toppings (that aren't the healthiest) and it has never effected my weight. Go for it, just get right on track afterwards!
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't trust myself to "cheat" at this point.

When I tried this journey six years ago, I had a "cheat day" on the one month anniversary, I ate three Whoppers, and that was the end of my journey.
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So you've gone over by an average of 200 a day? Depending on your normal deficit, you may still be in a small deficit. That's ok. At the worst, maybe you'll just maintain, but I doubt you'll gain weight. Just keep the overall trend moving in the right direction! Start right back up when you're over your sickness. Just don't get crazy. Good luck!

I'm under, not over. I've lost 6 lbs in the last 10 days

This is normal, and should not be an excuse to "cheat" at this point. I lost 10 pounds my first week.

Congratulations on your first 6 pounds.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I save all the calories that I don't eat on the weekdays for extra on the weekends, and it's been working great and I don't feel like a dieting deprived head case :)