Climbing back on the wagon.....

Options
I've had a pretty rough last few weeks.:grumble: I have been at a plateau for over five weeks and the scale just hadn't budged. I tried different things-eating more calories, eating less, exercising more, calorie shifting, drinking more water-nothing really did the trick. So this week I was completely disheartened by the whole thing and had pretty much given up. I only went to the gym twice, ate like crap and didn't record a thing....it was not pretty! :angry:

But, I've decided that tomorrow is a new day and I am going to do whatever it takes to climb back on to that wagon and hang on tight! Hopefully I didn't do too much damage....

Anyone have any motivating words?

Replies

• erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    I've had a pretty rough last few weeks.:grumble: I have been at a plateau for over five weeks and the scale just hadn't budged. I tried different things-eating more calories, eating less, exercising more, calorie shifting, drinking more water-nothing really did the trick. So this week I was completely disheartened by the whole thing and had pretty much given up. I only went to the gym twice, ate like crap and didn't record a thing....it was not pretty! :angry:

But, I've decided that tomorrow is a new day and I am going to do whatever it takes to climb back on to that wagon and hang on tight! Hopefully I didn't do too much damage....

• icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    you can do this!!!!
    i glued my booty to this wagon and if you come sit next to me ill lend you my crazy glue!!!
    :bigsmile:
    j~
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    We will get through this together:happy: Today was the first day I had ever gone over my calories since I started. I blame it on not being able to sleep last night and I started breakfast a 3am.:happy: Back at it tomorrow:bigsmile:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    its the beginning of spring, the perfect time to renew your goals and stick with them! :flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you. Honestly....just imagine, I feel like someone who has almost fallen off the wagon and is barely holding on....its like my pant leg is stuck to something and I am just holding on for dear life. That has been me for two months now and I am trying so hard to lose some weight, any weight! I think now that the weather is getting warmer, I am going to go back to yoga. I used to do it all the time and while it may have not shed the pounds, it sculpted me in great ways.
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    My last week was AWFUL too! I'm climbing back on the wagon with you if you don't mind... so scoot over a bit, please.

Emotional eating is so not pretty....but here's to a new week with a better outcome for both of us.

See ya on the wagon.

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you. Honestly....just imagine, I feel like someone who has almost fallen off the wagon and is barely holding on....its like my pant leg is stuck to something and I am just holding on for dear life. That has been me for two months now and I am trying so hard to lose some weight, any weight! I think now that the weather is getting warmer, I am going to go back to yoga. I used to do it all the time and while it may have not shed the pounds, it sculpted me in great ways.

oh shoot sorry i must have dripped my crazy glue on your pant leg :laugh:
    j~
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hey there, thought I'd put in my two cents. so I just thought that now that the weathers better, instead of going to the gym try walking outdoors, the trails burn more calories than a treadmill and the fresh air puts things into perspective. Hope this helps. It's best to do this in the morning with water only, Its the best fat buster I know.

also I know it works I myself lost 20lbs this way
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options

The really good news is: You have probably unwittingly done exactly what you needed to do! When I hit a plateau, first thing I do is stop exercising for 4-5 days. Hopefully some exercise guru like mbarnum or songbyrdsweet or neverbeenskinny will read this and have the explanation again as to why this works.

I was at a plateau for five weeks right around Christmas time and just said, "Eff it: it's the holidays, I'm just going to eat and then start over."
    I ate everything for two weeks, and of course gained 3 pounds since I wasn't working out much.

Then I got honest with myself, and increased the amount of exercise above what I had been doing, and started eating OVER the calories suggested by a hundred or so. Bingo-bango weight loss. (.....angels singing...). Now I'm sticking to that amount of exercise, and dropped down to the recommended calories again.

I heard Jillian Michaels say this week on "The Biggest Loser" that "the body is extremely difficult to figure out." Jillian! She's the trainer. If she can verbalize that, I think we can expect that what we do sometimes works, and sometimes needs to be re-evaluated.

Keep trying. Don't give up! Eventually you will find the magic that will work for you. :flowerforyou: Keep reading and do what sounds right to you. And know that we have all been at your frustration level, and we understand!

~Cheryl
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    :happy: Thanks everyone for the encouragement!! I really appreciate all the kind words...and for those of you joining me back on the wagon-there is plenty of room-let's hang on tight!!! :smile:
  • sandegor
    sandegor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Move over ladies........I'm coming on the wagon too! Can't wait to ride the bumpy wagon with everyone! Remember: spring is just around the corner!