**ANY DIABETIC RECIPES**

Options
BwnEyedWifey
BwnEyedWifey Posts: 100 Member
Unfortunately I am diabetic.. and Im looking for some good recipes that I can make.. anyone have any or any websites that might have some.

Thanks all.

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes, and I lived off of this salad for 9 months. Would be good for Easter, too! I unfortunately don't have any of the nutritional info.

4lbs green grapes, rinsed and dried
    8oz light sour cream
    8oz light cream cheese, softened
    1 cup Splenda
    Walnuts or Pecans

Mix together the sour cream, cream cheese and Splenda. Fold in grapes. Top with a handful of nuts (I also put brown sugar on top of it for my kids and would just avoid eating that part of it...).

Hope you like it!
  • Angelmom3
    Options
    Apple and Thyme Chicken
    (makes 4 servings)
    2 whole boneless and skinless chicken breasts, about 1/2 pound (225 g) each, halved and all traces of fat removed
    butter-flavored cooking spray
    salt (optional) and freshly ground pepper to taste
    1 medium Granny Smith or other tart green apple, cored and thinly sliced
    1 shallot, minced
    1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon (5 ml) crushed dried thyme
    1/4 cup (59 ml) balsamic vinegar
    fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
    1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
    2. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt (if using) and pepper. Place in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
    3. Arrange apple slices over and around chicken breasts. Sprinkle with shallot and thyme leaves; pour on the balsamic vinegar.
    4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is opaque throughout (cut to test). Arrange cooked breasts on a platter and spoon apples and cooking juices on top. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve at once.
    Per Serving: 163 calories (9% calories from fat), 27 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.4 g saturated fat), 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium
    Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 carbohydrate (1 fruit)
  • Angelmom3
    Options
    Chicken Parmesan

Number of Servings: 8
    Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
    Ingredients
    Name Measure Weight
    26-oz jar seasoned tomato sauce 1 ea ---
    boneless, skinless chicken breasts --- 20 oz
    shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim 1/2 cup ---
    grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup ---
    Preparation Instructions
    1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    2 In a 9x13-inch baking pan or large casserole dish, spread half of the tomato sauce. Place the chicken on the sauce, and then pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the chicken, then sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
    3 Cover and bake until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned, 30 minutes.

Exchanges Per Serving

3 Very Lean Meat
    1 Vegetable
    1/2 Fat

Nutrition Information

Amount per serving
    Calories 153
    Calories From Fat 41
    Total Fat 5 g
    Saturated Fat 2 g
    Cholesterol 51 mg
    Sodium 762 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 7 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Sugars 5 g
    Protein 22 g
  • Angelmom3
    Options
    Banana Berry Smoothie

2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
    1 medium size ripe banana, peeled, sliced
    1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
    2 cups frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
    1 cup frozen unsweetened red raspberries
    1. Combine yogurt, banana, Equal® and lemon juice in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
    2. Add half of frozen fruit. Blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining frozen fruit.
    3. Serve immediately in tall glasses.
    Makes 4 servings.

May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
    Nutrition Information Per Serving:
    calories 142, protein 8 g, carbohydrate 24 g, fat 2 g, cholesterol 7 mg, sodium 90 mg.
    Food Exchanges: 1 milk, 1 fruit.
  • Angelmom3
    Options
    Hawaiian Meatballs

Number of Servings: 21
    Serving Size: 2 meatballs
    Ingredients
    Name Measure Weight

boneless beef chuck arm roast, or similar cut, trimmedbeef --- 1 lb
    lean ground turkey breast --- 8 oz
    onion, finely chopped 1 ea ---
    garlic cloves, minced 2 ea ---
    quick-cooking oats 1/4 cup ---
    large egg white 1 ea ---
    pumpkin pie spice 1 tsp ---
    dried thyme 1 tsp ---
    salt 1/4 tsp ---
    pepper 1/4 tsp ---
    orange juice 1 1/2 cups ---
    crushed pineapple packed in unsweetened juice, drained --- 8 oz
    light soy sauce 2 Tbsp ---
    firmly packed light brown sugar 1/2 Tbsp ---
    ginger 1/2 tsp ---
    salt (optional) 1/8 tsp ---
    Preparation Instructions
    1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground turkey, onion, garlic, oats, egg white, pumpkin pie spice, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
    2 Roll the meat mixture into about 42 balls, and arrange on a large nonstick spray-coated baking pan. Bake in the upper half of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned, turning once during browning.
    3 For the sauce, combine the orange juice, pineapple, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and salt, in a 3-quart flame proof casserole. Heat the ingredients to a simmer.
    4 With a large slotted spoon, transfer the meatballs to the sauce mixture, and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally. Continue simmering for about 30 to 35 minutes, until the sauce has cooked down and thickened so that it coats the meatballs.
    5 Serve at once, or cover and refrigerate. Meatballs will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.

Exchanges Per Serving

1/2 Fruit
    1 Very Lean Meat

Nutrition Information

Amount per serving
    Calories 56
    Calories From Fat 7
    Total Fat 1 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Cholestrol 18 mg
    Sodium 71 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 4 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 4 g
    Protein 8 g
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Type II diabetic.

I started The McDougall program for diabetics to cure it. But it's Vegan and you may not want to go there. I am almost a month and so very glad I did. Vegweb.com has awesome recipes.

One is,

1 box lite firm tofu,
    1/2 cup of honey or agave
    1/2 cup Hersey Cocoa powder/ no sugar is in this
    1 TB of instant coffee

Blend all this for quite a while until creamy. Refrigerate.

It sounds weird but so delicious and very rich. Get the dark cocoa and it almost tastes like fudge.
    kc
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    CHEESE CAKE

1 tsp unflavored gelatin (such as Knox)
    1/2 cup boiling water
    1 tsp vanilla
    16 ounces 1% cottage cheese (Friendship Whipped if possible)
    1/4 cup fat free cream cheese (Philadelphia if possible)
    1/2 cup Splenda granulated
    1. Stir together gelatin, Splenda and vanilla with boiling water in a small bowl. Place cottage cheese and cream cheese in a blender and pour gelatin mixture over. Cover. Process until completely smooth.
    2. Pour cheesecake mixture into 12 foil cupcake liners and refrigerate 90 min -2 hrs (until firm to the touch). Peel away foil and enjoy.

Nutrition Facts:
    40 calories, 0 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 2 grams carbs, 0 g fiber, 6 g protein.

:love:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    bump for recipes
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    LMAO, such a horrible thing, but I am diabetic as well. When people who are also diabetic respond, check out their food diaries. Sometimes it's just a matter of putting strange things together and seeing if you like them. I recommed dlife.com, and also if you google diabetic recipes you'll find tons of websites. I have a few good ones...if you're interested you can add me as a friend or message me and i'll get them to you as soon as I can. Good luck! -Kelli :smile:
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you go to the Kraft Foods website, they have a diabetic section full of great, healthy recipes.

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/diabetic/main.aspx?s=diabetic&m=main_content
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm T2 diabetic. Feel free to follow my diary.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Stir Fry Sauce

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce (reg or low sodium)
    2 TSP Cornstarch
    2 TSP Splenda
    1/8 TSP Crushed Red Pepper (original recipe called for 1/4 tsp but was too hot for me)

Mix together in a small bowl or cup

Just the sauce has about 60 calories and 10 carbohydrates

I usually use as follows:

6 ounces of cubed chicken (I buy the already cooked grilled chicken by Tyson at Wal-mart. It comes in a 22 oz bag and just take out what you need) If you are using fresh meat cook for a few minutes until done before adding the veggies & sauce.

1 1/2 cups mushrooms
    1/2 chopped onion
    2 cups frozen stir-fry veggies (or whatever fresh veggies you like)
    Add the sauce & stir until veggies are coated with the sauce.

Cover & stir frequently until veggies done to your preference.

This makes enough for 2 servings with approximately 216 cals and 21 carbs per serving including the sauce. You just have to adjust the calories and carbs for whatever vegetables & meat you use.

I usually eat one of the Kahiki microwavable eggrolls with it. They only have 80 cals and 10 carbs and are very good.

This stir-fry sauce works well on fresh chicken, pork, beef or shrimp. Sometimes I have to add 1/4 cup of water because I usually cook my meat with cooking spray instead of oil to keep the calories down.

NOT a low sodium recipe!

The sauce recipe came from the splenda website and I think was called Sweet & Spicy Shrimp. I've just been adapting it for other stuff.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I recommend dlife too. I'm a type one and have been for many years.