I hate water!

Options
I hate drinking water ever since I was younger and even if I force myself for a while I cant seem to get myself in the habit of drinking water. does anyone have any tips to help me want water? especially in big amounts like a person really needs.

Replies

• SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I drink tea instead...
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Does sparkling water help? watch for sodium levels tho, you be surprised! i didnt like water myself but started on flavoured sparkling, then moved to sparkling and then gradually onto still. perhaps a skuce of lemon or lime in there too?
  • Bekahoe
    Bekahoe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No I havent tried sparkling water....i will though!
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, I've taken to infusing my water with things like lemon slices, lime, orange, cucumber slices, mango chunks with fresh ginger root, fresh berries, etc. Get a big pitcher, put in the fruit, fill it with water and refrigerate it overnight. Refill as needed until the flavor's gone. Then pick another "flavor" and repeat, lol.

It helps give it a bit of variety and it's zero cal, or practically so!
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hate normal water and only drink sparkling! More than happy to have 2+L of it a day if its got bubbles. You should definitely try it.
  • Bekahoe
    Bekahoe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love tea and coffee.:) That sounds good about the mango and ginger! I will try the sparkling for sure.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    how can you hate water? it tastes of nothing
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say they hate water but drink it out of the tap or are drinking the bottled water that has terrible taste. Sometimes all it takes is getting a filter for your water - the water tastes cleaner but leaves enough minerals to give it a bit of taste :-) Otherwise all the other suggestions are great :-)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I used to be you! I started with crystal light sort of packets then transitioned to diluted green tea. Then I got one of those big plastic cups with a lid and a straw and something clicked. Something about drinking from a straw makes it easy to suck down tons of water mindlessly. I went from drinking 3-4 cups a day to 10-12 easily. Now I sort of like water and prefer it. :drinker:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Try adding flavor mixes. Crystal Light, Mio, there are several different kinds and brands.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh - and I also prefer it ice cold. Plus, you're body burns a few more calories when you drink ice cold water!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    So do I.

Do you like juice? That's what I drink. Not the kind you drink straight that has like 150 cals per glass. The squash kind that you water down. I have approx 3/4"ish in a 1 litre bottle, the rest is water. It's nice, and I buy the no added sugar kind which is just as good IMO.

I don't log it for calories as it's so hard to measure, and not really worth it. I did though once work out that even on a thirsty day, it shouldn't be more than 50 calories unaccounted for, so hardly anything!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I live on sparkling water with a squirt of lemon or lime juice.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I wish I could share some of my love to water with you. I love to be in it, for it to be in me, I love it when it's cold, I love it when it's warm, hell I love it when it's hot!