tacos

Options
cindyrey
cindyrey Posts: 53
does anyone know cal and fat grams for tacos made with extra lean meat fat free sour cream and fat free cheese with soft shell,lettuce, tomatoes?

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    you can go to sparkrecipes and they have a recipe calculator.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I use the meal planner here as a recipe builder.

Estimate the amounts and run it through then you will have it for the next time.
  • scarecrow41
    scarecrow41 Posts: 116
    Options
    Things you have to know:

Percentage of lean meat being used...is 95, 94, 90, or 85%?

How much of meat is being used?

What brand of shell is being used?

How much of each topping is being used?

For example, I could have a soft shell taco using Mission regular soft shells, 2 ounces of 85% beef with Old El Paso seasoning. an ounce of cheddar cheese, and a quarter cup of lettuce and it would be 33 carbs 32 fat and 42 protein for a total of 588 calories...about 4 grams of fiber and 24 grams of saturated fat.

Or I could have a Mission Carb balance soft shell, 2 ounces of 95% beef with homemade seasoning, a half ounce of cheddar cheese, a quarter cup of lettuce and a table spoon of salsa and it would be 20 carbs, 17 fat, 45 protein for a total of 413 calories...plus 12 grams of fiber and 7 grams of saturated fat.

So you see that a softshell taco can very GREATLY by what is in it and what kind of shell you are using. Take advantage of MFP options to put your own stuff in, it can really help the process.

You're talking the difference of 175 calories for ONE taco just in an example off the top of my head.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I finally gave up the shells and piled what would go in the taco on a bed of lettuce. Saves me around 150 calories per shell I would have eaten. Lettuce has fiber and almost no calories.