Eggs

Options
I need help - I think I'm addicted to eggs! I've always loved them but recently I've been eating way too many. I have scrambled eggs (2 eggs) pretty much every day for lunch...

Can anyone suggest an alternative for me? Preferably something that is good on toast/on a roll etc. I know bread isn't the best blah blah blah but I love it too much to give it up but I have cut down.

My diary should be open so please offer advice :)

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Two eggs a day isn't too many, I eat eggs quite often myself. If you love eggs, there's no need to seek an alternative... keep enjoying them! If you are worried about fat content then try egg whites instead.
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Aw really? I thought I was eating way too many! Yeah I might try just the egg whites because I would like to cut down on fat. Thanks :)
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would keep the eggs and all of the eggs. They have almost everything except vitamin c in them. They keep you full, supply good fats. Most days I have one or two at breakfast and they really help me get going in the morning :)
  • kendzini13
    kendzini13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lol I have like 3 eggs a day. It's a a nice cheap source of protein and they're pretty quick to make. I just leave them to boil (in my kettle hehe) and I get them in 15minutes :) So simple!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Aw really? I thought I was eating way too many! Yeah I might try just the egg whites because I would like to cut down on fat. Thanks :)

Keep the yolks, that is what feeds the baby chick, so where all the vitamins are. If your worried about fat, have a look at the other ingrediants in your scrambled eggs. Maybe you can cut down there.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Two eggs a day isn't too many, I eat eggs quite often myself. If you love eggs, there's no need to seek an alternative... keep enjoying them! If you are worried about fat content then try egg whites instead.

agreed.

Or have one egg and one white.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    There was this huge uproar a few years back that eggs give you a high dose of cholesterol and you should only eat 2 per week. But it's transfats that give you that kind of thing, personally try not using oil to cook them and you'll be fine. 2 eggs is WAY better than a can of coke, chocolate bar and chips for lunch everyday so enjoy a good couple of eggs, and don't feel guilty.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your Cholesterol numbers are? Some people can eat eggs and are not effected but some are. I happen to be one of those people that is VERY effected by eating too many. I have a friend that read the reports saying yolks don't increase your blood Cholesterol and began eating quite a few each week. She was shocked during her next routine check up to find her numbers were through the roof. However, as I said some people are not effected so the best advise I can give is for you to keep up with your own numbers.

That said, I love to make a low calorie bagel or english muffin and top with vegetable cream cheese and an egg white. It's very good!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options

agreed.

Or have one egg and one white.

Agree
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one or two eggs a day AND about 5 or 6 egg whites.

Eggs are great.
  • jsan5933
    Options
    two eggs is fine. what baffles me is when people throw yolks away and then try to add in other fats - even if they are good ones like nuts, avocados - for goodness sakes just eat the yolks!!

my diary is open so you can have a look - i have 2 eggs maybe 5 times a week and i'm fine. i eat very little other fat in my diet apart from natural sources like nuts, salmon, avocado.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Keep eating them!
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat about 4 eggs every day...for ermm..6months :) I eat scrumbled eggs, 2 yolk and 4 white... and my blood results are GREAT!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Are you serious . . . . . ?
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs a day on average. sometimes even 3. Definitely not too much!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I eat 16 eggs on average 4 days a week...
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    14g of fat in a hard-boiled large egg, and I want every single gram.

We didn't get fat eating whole eggs and as for the excessive dietary cholesterol = Increased CVD risk thing that argument is beyond busted.

It's a fracking egg, enjoy in abundance :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I've had days when I've eaten nine or more eggs. To me, eating only 3 eggs in a day is a day of not eating that many eggs. I go through phases of not eating eggs, then phases of eating loads of them. And I eat them all with the yolks. Plenty of healthy fat and fat soluble vitamins. A whole egg is just 75 calories, that's really not a lot. Boiled eggs make a great snack. I boil them 12 at a time and keep them on the side so I can grab them as a snack if I want to. Or use them in salads or other meals. They're great :) I love eggs :)
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    two eggs is fine. what baffles me is when people throw yolks away and then try to add in other fats - even if they are good ones like nuts, avocados - for goodness sakes just eat the yolks!!

my diary is open so you can have a look - i have 2 eggs maybe 5 times a week and i'm fine. i eat very little other fat in my diet apart from natural sources like nuts, salmon, avocado.

This, too. Whats wrong with delicious, yolky fat ?! :laugh:
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Are you serious . . . . . ?

sure I am.. :wink: