But Can I do it?

Options
I have been sitting here for a half an hour reading posts and the last inspired me to wite one. I have been doing this for only a week and I feel like I won't be able to do it.

I WANT TO BE HEALTHY! I WANT TO BE HAPPY! I WANT TO LOVE MY BODY!

it shouldn't be that hard right?

Wrong...or so it seems for me. I have horrible commitment even though this time will hopefully be different from the others, when i say that this is it!

I read in a blog on here something along the lines that each workout breaks down another cinder block, and that cinderblock is an emotion.

I hope to use that as a motto and think..."I have to work out, i will feel better about..." "the next time there will be one less block there..."

I hope I can do it! Wish me luck and any support is much appreciated.

But can i do it? I am going to try to break down some cinder blocks...hopefully i will have the willpower of a wrecking ball this time!

Any help, advice or stories will be appreciated :D

Wish me luck

-Teresa

Replies

• kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    on days where i just want to give up I say to myself "Will eating more make you happy?....no I will feel guilty afterwards and the thought of gaining weight after you've already come this far is far worse than the tastiest food in the world."

If you feel like your going to crack...come on here and blog, it honestly works...theres so many ppl here to support each other x
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Take the word "hope" out of the equation. Don't say that again. LOL.

Decide you are going to do it and just take it one day at a time. Everyone falls off the wagon here and there, the most important thing is that you don't let that one meal or one day decide how the rest of the week is going to go. For me, there is no "well my whole day is ruined so I might as well eat what I want." I say that I messed up that meal and the next I will do better. I didn't get to the gym today for whatever reason but tomorrow I will.

Think that if you ate a fast food meal that you put another cynder block in front of your way and the next meal you are going to smash it by eating a salad with dressing on the side.

It is really all about baby steps. One day at a time. And if need be, one meal at a time.

I know for me I had to stop looking at the bigger picture and focus in on the daily and weekly activity. I found a group that does 6 week challenges and I focus on those 6 weeks. Weekends are killing me, so this weekend my goal for Saturday is to eat within cals.

Small goals. One day at a time.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I would love to be able to say,"YES YOU CAN!" But the truth is, only you can answer that question for yourself. I believe everyone has the ability, so that means you too!

Also, welcome! You've beat one huge hurdle by posting here today!
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    You CAN do it! Just remember it's one step at a time. You're making a lifestyle change to last your entire life. It took you years to get to where you are, so you can't expect to change it all in a few days. A little at a time and you'll be fine! And it WILL come! Good luck!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I joined here only because I read somewhere that people who keep a food diary are twice as likely to succed with weight loss. Now I know that MFP offers a lot more than just that, especially with the awesome community of support and advisement. You took a big step coming here and if you follow the guidlines here losing weight will be a lot easier than you may have thought. Good luck to you!
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Seriously.

The best thing I've learned here is to plan ahead. I take a minute each night to plan my food for the next day (and this gets easier every time you do it). It means that I can spend my next day on autopilot where food is concerned. lol
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    I agree with the other ladies too. You must believe that you can do it and take it moment by moment if you have too. I know it's not easy but just remember that you don't have to do it alone. You also now have friends on here that will be cheering you on and that are behind you. And when you need some inspiration, we will be here. If we need some inspiration, then you can provide that too. :flowerforyou:

:smooched: I BELIEVE IN YOU. DO YOU??? :bigsmile: