40/30/30 ratio anyone?

Options
Hello Everyone! I have been on 1200 calories a day for around 2 months and not lost anything on scales, few inches though, at same time as 1200 calories I have started weight lifting x3 a week. I have been doing this since November last year and now for past month I have changed my calories to 1600 on days I dont exercise and more by 200 roughly on days I do. I have calculated the intake by following Lou Schuler's book New rules of lifting for women which seemed to work well and I have lost 10lbs but not I am stuck again. I wonder if I need to decrease the intake of calories again? What do you think? I am trying to have 40% carbs 30% fats and 30% of protein in my diet as suggested in book.
Thank you :)

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? Progress isn't linear so you'll go through stretches where you see progress and others when you don't.
  • jesterkazuzi
    jesterkazuzi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Couple weeks now
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    don't change anything yet, give it a few more weeks:)
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    don't change anything yet, give it a few more weeks:)

Agreed. If you're being honest with you logging and your effort, then just be patient.
  • jacksonpt
    Options

You think netting 1500ish cals is really the reason she's not seeing progress?
  • jesterkazuzi
    Options
    I have calculated my calories based on New rules of lifting book and deducted 200 to be able to lose some weight as I am wanting to compete in October. I am worried if I increase my calories anymore I will gain more weight! :(
  • jesterkazuzi
    Options

Hello, thank you for this according the calculators I have used on the above site I should be eating:
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1667
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1910
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2153
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2396
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2639

These numbers seems so high! I think I will give it a go but as soon as I am up by a pound or two I am going to go back to eating less as I am ver skeptic about this. I have heard so much about this but it just doesn't make much sense to me right now.

I am just not sure what calories I should be consuming on days I exercise. I do go to gym x3 a week and I am working pretty hard ( I think) Example of today:
    10 mins on stepper setting 5 (100cals burnt)
    x2 sets of 15 squats 110lbs weights
    x4 sets of lat pull downs on setting 5( no idea how heavy is that)
    x4 sets of dumbells push ups 25lbs each weight
    x4 sets of 15 ball crunches
    x4 sets of lunges with dumbells 35lbs each
    So would you say I am moderately or lightly active?
    Thank you Zuzana