Husbands and Wives in the morning

Options
2»

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up at quarter to 5 during the week (I might sleep til 6am on the weekends), have a cup of coffee, go to the gym, get back home around 6:30 and have another cup of coffee. S**t, shave and shower....okay, I don't shave, third cup of coffee. Wake our 12yo up at 7:30 so he can shower and take the dog out. Fiddle fart around on the computer for about 15 minutes then wake the 7yo and my wife up at 7:45. Wake them up again at 7:50. Flipping their beds over by 7:55. Make breakfast for the boys (wife doesn't like to eat right away). Chit chat for a few minutes, and out the door for work by 8:15 after giving my wife and 7yo a kiss goodbye (the 12yo is too old for that stuff). About the only thing that's changed in 20 years is going to the gym and what kids (oldest is 19 and now living on his own) get up at what time.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    We've made it through 16 years of marriage, and lots more together as a couple. We mix up our mornings together as well as our evenings. We make sure to leave it open to talk or just hang.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    ME: Getting up at 6:30 to gets kids up, make breakfast, dress for workout and take kids to school

Him: Getting up at some point after we leave the house to dress, have coffee, and get online for a gaming session before going to work
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    do they have an oscar category for acting during marriage? I think I may need a best supporting actress award. You are a dear woman for making coffee. :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Morning "routine"
    I usually get the coffee ready the night before so we can wake up to a cup.
    Alarm goes off at 4:40a and we get out of bed.
    She takes the dogs out and gets them fed while I get coffees for us and setup the couch and TV. Sometime we watch TV, but other times we just sit and go over things.

She heads up to get ready for work and I get food and a coffee to go ready. I warmed up her car this morning and made sure her windshield was cleaned.

She is out the door around 6am and I am up to get the boys up, showered, fed, packed for school and out the door by 7:15a, along with all my crap for the day.

I drop them off and I am off to work.

She is off earlier than me since I go in later. She picks up the boys from school and gets them a snack.

They start on homework and she will start dinner sometimes or take the boys to whatever sport of class they might have.

I get home around 6:30p and either help with dinner, make dinner, or just start in with homework for the boys.

We both read and hang with the kids until about 8:30p and we try to go to bed together around 9am.

Sometimes I stay up to surf the Internet and entertain myself 'till I am sleepy. No later than 11pm.

That's the jist of it.
  • lilncbrat
    lilncbrat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My morning is a little like this 3:45 am alarm sounds, Hubby does first situp, hits snooze. 3:54 alarm sounds and that's 2 situps.....4:03 alarm sounds and I get up and turn it off. Into the kitchen to make his breakfast and pack his lunch for the day. He leaves at 4:30 and I then pack my lunch and have a cup of coffee. I usually get a text from him around noon letting me know he did eventually wake up. I sit out all the pans I will need for that nights dinner and set the table. (We both get home around 7pm) I do my workout, shower, drink my smoothie, pour myself another cup of coffee and I am out the door by eight am.

On a different note, does anyone besides me LOVE THE IRONY in the restaurant banners above? LOL.
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    I am beginning to realize how easy I had it as a stay at home mom of one son for eight years. Even when I began work again, it was as a substitute teacher, so my son and I walked to school together and parted at the office.

There are some incredibly hard working people living in this world.

Do you think any of our Glorious Leaders, worldwide, are aware of how the common folk live?