Elusive High Protein Crock Pot Recipes

So it seems there is 4 crock pot threads per week. Well, here is another one. I love to start smething before I go to work and it is ready at the meal time. I have recently upped my protein goal, so I need to eat more protein in my diet! Can anyone help? Thanks!

Replies

• Pulled pork is a household favorite, rubbed with kosher salt and smoked paprika. We freeze it in muffin tins for single portions. Also, Santa Fe Chicken. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    I'm actually making crock pot buffalo chicken right now. I just put it in. 16 oz frozen chicken breasts, a bottle of franks buffalo wing sauce, a tablespoon of butter, and either a packet of Hidden Valley dry ranch seasoning OR your own homemade ranch seasoning. Turn her on, let her cook, shred chicken when you get home, cook another 20 minutes. MFP says it's about 19 grams of protein per serving (with 6 servings).
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Hi, I just made a great one for this week's lunches. 31 grams of protein per serving, not counting the accessories (pasta/quinoa/etc.)

Beef for stew (large chunks of beef)
    1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the Healthy Choice variety)
    1 pkg McCormick Brown Gravy mix (I use the 30% lower sodium one)
    1 cup water
    (the original recipe called for 1 can mushrooms, but I don't like them, so I left them out)

Put your stew meat in the crockpot.
    Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the top. [this is where you would add the mushrooms...yuck!]
    Mix the cream of mushroom soup, brown gravy mix and water in a bowl (I used hot water so that it was easier to mix)
    Pour mixture over your meat, trying to get everything wet (it will bubble up and get everything, so don't worry too much about it)

Cook. (I left mine on low for 8 hours, and the meat just falls apart)

I put it over Eating Right Pasta Plus Rotini (from Safeway), and that adds 10g protein per serving! Total of 41g.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Place pork tenderloin in the crockpot and then dump a bag of sauerkraut over top and cook for 8-10 hrs on low. It's awesome.

Place pork tenderloin in the crockpot covering it with water, cook on low 8-10 hrs then drain, pull apart using forks and then put your fave barbeque sauce on it or eat plain. Delish with a side of cottage cheese.

Roast a chicken in the crock

Turkey breast in the crock
  • Bump
  • mfrey2012
    mfrey2012 Posts: 52 Member
    These all sound yummy!! - I LOVE my Crockpot - I will have give some of these a try!! :)
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Depending on what you are making, add some beans to it. If you buy frozen and/or dry, they can take all day to cook and are a good source of protein. Or add peanut butter. Ok, the last one was a joke.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Beef Stew
    Chicken Stew (I do one with boneless/skinless thighs with stout beer...very similar to the beef, just chicken instead for less calories)
    Beef Shortribs
    Pulled Pork
    Pot roast

Those are my go too
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Southwestern Chicken & White Bean Soup

1 lb. chicken breast
    1 tbsp. canola oil
    3 tsp. minced garlic
    2 tsp. ground cumin
    1 can white beans (drained and rinsed) (I use S&W brand 50% lower sodium)
    1 cup frozen yellow corn
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 cups fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
    1 cup Pace chunky salsa

Lightly brown cubed chicken in canola oil. Add to crock pot will all of the other ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours or 6-8 on low.

Makes 4 large servings

Per serving: 316 cal; 35g carbs; 6g fat; 36g protein; 9g fiber
  • bump
  • mycrobemini
    bump - I want more recipes!
  • Bump! Thanks for this post!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    1) I figured this would be in the Recipe discussion thread? :tongue:

2) There arent any chili recipes posted yet? :sad:
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    I recently just went Veggie and I tried a Lentil Dhal recipe now it wasn't supposed to be for a slow cooker I don't think but I did it anyways and it was delish. I am not much for recipes I just add to taste I will look it up for you though.... I am just that nice.

¼ cup (65 mL) of butter ( I didn't use any I just put a little olive oil in )
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon (15 mL) of cumin
    2 – 3 tablespoons (30 – 45 mL) of curry powder
    6 cups (1.5 L) of water
    2 cups (500 mL) of red lentils
    2 tablespoons (30 mL) of frozen ginger, freshly grated
    Lots of cilantro, freshly chopped or whole, for garnish

For myself I used brown lentil since I was doing it in the slowcooker. I also used a bunch of tomato's because I think that adds more flavor. You can just add a can of of diced tomatos if that is easier. I let it cook for 6 hours roughly. I put WAY more spices in mine but I love strong flavors and made a bigger recipe. I also used onion boullion for 1/2 of the water requirement to add extra flavor.

The nice thing about lentils is you don't have to soak them like the other types of beans.

* The recipes was found at Lentils.ca and is a Michael Smith recipe. LOVE IT!!!

Worth a try for something new.
  • I made a new recipe on Sunday that I am loving - 24grams of protein per serving too! Lentils, Chicken sausage, feta cheese and spinach - super easy and yummy! I subbed in water for the chicken broth and it still turned out great. 288 calories if you make it be four servings like it suggests. (I'm usually starving at lunch and work out after work, so I make it 3)

http://www.theperfectpantry.com/2012/05/recipe-for-slow-cooker-lentils-with-chicken-sausage-spinach-and-feta-cheese.html
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Oh wow... Definitely bumping for these recipes... Mouth watering over the buffalo chicken, for sure! Thanks, everyone!
  • mycrobemini
    bump for more recipes!
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Pulled pork is a household favorite, rubbed with kosher salt and smoked paprika. We freeze it in muffin tins for single portions. Also, Santa Fe Chicken. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

Love this single serving idea. Thanks!!
  • Bean Florentine Soup ( I like Stoup 1/2 stew 1/2 soup consistancy)

Serves 8
    (1 cup)
    1 lb navy or great northern beans sorted for stones rinsed and drained
    8 cup low sodium vegetable broth ( i use 6 1/2 - 7 for Stoup)
    1 large onion chopped
    1 tsp dried basil crubled
    1 tsp dried minced gralic
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

6 ounces spinach (about6 cups)
    Cook the beans in a saucepan at a boil for 15 minutes, drain and rinse
    Add to slow cooker
    Stir in remaining ingredients
    EXCEPT spinach
    Cook covered 7-9 hours on low
    or