c25k

I am doing the c25k and in the 3rd week and getting lower back pain . I take ibuprophen that helps but early morning stiffness is still there. anybody with any suggesstions?

Replies

• I do some light yoga before starting my C25K. I also have had chronic lower back pain for years (damn genetics) and I find that a heating pad on a low setting really helps.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Thanks I'll try the heating pad ,any suggessions of what kind of yoga can I get a DVD? And where can I get a heating pad that has settings. I hope I don't sound like a idiot.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    There's an issue with your running form if you're getting pain. Don't try to mask it with pain killers and keep aggravating the issue. Goggle Chi running to get some tips on form that may help.
  • Thanks I'll try the heating pad ,any suggessions of what kind of yoga can I get a DVD? And where can I get a heating pad that has settings. I hope I don't sound like a idiot.

Not at all!
    I use this yoga for runners youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSAS2UbW5cI
    But Target sells yoga dvds-- if you're looking for something easy on the muscles, I'd try ashtanga yoga.

And I would check Walmart and Target for heating pads. I bought mine at Target and it's served me well for years.
  • zahid222
    Thank you so much!!!
  • I don't know if you are paying attention, but do you heel strike? If you do, then that is probably the problem. Heel striking can lead to a lot of problems. Knee back neck... You are basically stopping and starting yourself with every step and that is painful over longer distances.

Used to get horrible shin splints till I changed to a more midfoot run style and the pain went away instantly.

Look up natural running.
  • zahid222
    Thanks!
  • zahid222
    Will do Thanks!