where do i start now?

Options
Hey everyone,
wondering if someone can help me out with this....
so the past 46 days I've joined MFP I've lost 13 lbs and have kept if off- I'm 135lbs and 5'3...i feel pretty good about myself but still wanna lose another 16lbs by summer but I'd like to start doing something different besides cardio- I've noticed almost everyone on here is lifting weights and I'm convinced that that's what I'd like to do now to start toning up as well...I do cardio at a gym so it's easy for me to find the "tools" i need, so to speak. Now my question is does anyone have any suggestions on what i should start doing? How long for? how many days a week? and can i still do cardio?
I'd really appriciate the help...o and i'd like to tone pretty much my whole body lol

thank you,

-Frida

Replies

• susannahsutton1
    Options
    Speak to a trainer at the gym and get them to give you a weights programme. We can give you generic advice on this site, but weights is quite a personal thing depending on your current strength and capabilities

Important thi g to remember is that you should be pushing your muscles to failure over 2 or 3 sets of 12-15 reps
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to a trainer. That's what they are there for and they can give you advice without giving you a full-on training session. Personally, I work out 5 days a week – 3 days are 30-40 minutes of weight lifting plus 30 minutes cardio, 2 days are 60-75 minutes of cardio. That is the routine my trainer gave me when I got started and it definitely worked.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The New Rules of Lifting for Women....explains it all.
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    alright ladies thx for the advise- going to hit the gym right now and will ask there to see if they can help out with a few tips that wont cost anything lol greatly appriciated :) happy sunday!
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hey thx davpul thats really helpful!