Lost weight but look the same.

Options
So after a failed attempt to do Jillian Michaels 30DS a few months ago, last week I decided to give it a second try and this time stick to my 'diet'. And with diet I mean no junk food and whatever. You get it, just eating healthy. Today i weight myself and i had lost 2.5 kilos (5..5 lbs) and I still look the same. Same measurements and everything. I'm just wondering, is it muscle I've been loosing or can I just not see any changes yet? I mean, in a week I shouldn't have lost 5 lbs, should I?
I am not overweight either, 176 cm (5.7) and now 57.5 kg (125 lbs) and I'm eating under my net goal that MPF put for me.

Sorry if my english is bad by the way!

Maybe I should add that my net calorie goal is 1300, if that matters.

Replies

• vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dont be so hard on yourself

you worked hard and lost an amazing amount of weight on your first week

dont worry so much about the inches/cm in the first few weeks you will start to see
    it when a bit more comes off

take care
    xxxx
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    That amount of weight loss is only visible if you are extremely small in the first place. A general rule of thumb is that it takes about 10% of your body weight loss to notice a difference. I have already lost 6% and can only notice in one place on my body.
  • A1CNobody
    Options
    I went from 151 to 131, and I honestly didn't see any change until I was about 142. Sometimes it takes a lot longer for you to notice than it does other people.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So I'll go ahead and say it, your height, 125 pounds seems like it should be a really good weight. Maybe even on the thinner side of ok. If you were 200 pounds and went to 195 in a week, i'd say sometimes you just have good weeks, water weight, or something like that. But you're already small, and 5 pounds is actually a lot to lose at that point. If you're looking to change the way you LOOK, you should work on body composition, not losing weight.

If you want to look leaner, start doing a weight regimen.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Odds are good that you are losing as much muscle as you are fat, so you aren't likely to see a whole lot of visible effects right away. I lost 80 lbs through diet alone and still didn't have much definition. It takes some resistance training to stimulate muscle growth so that you don't get "skinnyfat"
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Wow someone from Sweden! :)

You are a bit impatient however I must say I lost 25 lb and I often think I can't see anything... I agree it is not necessarily weight loss you need. To tone up and be fit and firm you should do 30ds for 60 or 90 days, so if you start worrying after 1 week only you will have a hard time.

Just keep on going and take a photograph every weekend and you WILL see. Good luck!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    So I'll go ahead and say it, your height, 125 pounds seems like it should be a really good weight. Maybe even on the thinner side of ok. If you were 200 pounds and went to 195 in a week, i'd say sometimes you just have good weeks, water weight, or something like that. But you're already small, and 5 pounds is actually a lot to lose at that point. If you're looking to change the way you LOOK, you should work on body composition, not losing weight.

If you want to look leaner, start doing a weight regimen.

This, I was coming back to add this when my computer crashed!