What is your strategy to get through the Easter weekend?

raspberrymerlot
raspberrymerlot Posts: 22
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have the first of 2 dinners tonight. My mom is understanding of my weight loss struggles, and does her best to have a healthy dinner. Plus, I guess my family isn't like most... dinner is light on gravy and sauces, and is pretty "clean" as far as food goes. Until the carrot cake I've made for dessert. The next dinner is at the inlaws - one of my sister inlaws... Hubbys side of the family doesn't necessarily have weight issues, and can eat what they like. Dinner isn't light or lowfat at all, and (again) I have been asked to bring cake for dessert... What's a girl to do?? Just wondering what your plans and strategies are for making it through the weekend are. I plan to relax a little while I'm between programs, and no matter what, I plan on getting serious again come Monday.

Replies

• herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    I also have the first of 2 family dinners tonight. And it's the same every Easter, on Friday night our main course is fried fish. Everything else is somewhat okay except dessert. I'm "planning" on eating just a little fish and potatoes and filling up on the healthier things, and just a bit of dessert, but we know how that goes. My other meal is a cookout filled with grilled food and potato salad, etc, so it's gonna be difficult haha :)

Plan ahead what you are going to eat and don't fill up on the bad foods, but don't beat yourself up if you have 2 pieces of cake over the weekend. Try to fit in a workout, or more if you have time, over the weekend and get back into full speed on Monday. This weekend only comes once a year, so enjoy it but be smart!
  • slims27
    slims27 Posts: 7
    I have been wondering the same thing. My family is unbelievable cooks, and everything is delicous! My plan is going to be to eat small portions of something that I want and stay away from the sweets. I am going to eat a very low calorie breakfast and spread my lunch and dinner out throughout the day. I am going to eat alot of meat and try to stay away from the cassaroles. Good luck to you! Happy Easter!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    My momma in law is baking a ham and we are bringing grilled chicken, my special "icecream" (I posted the recipe) and steamed broccoli. There will be much food there, but I am just sticking to the broccoli, a small pice of ham and the chicken. Luck for me my family is very understanding. :-) Besides I don't like sweets, and I am glutten intolorent.. Lo there wont be much there I could eat anyway! :tongue:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    I am going to the gym in the morning to burn some extra calories. And then just smaller portions and moderation.
  • I am going to do a round of turbo kick in the am with burn circuit one of chalean extreme. I have to go to three places. two I probably have to eat, one I never eat at since we aren't there too long buttttttttttttttt, the one wants to go to a buffet, and I am so so worried. I spent an hour last night[don't judge me.. i've come this far lol] looking at their nutritional information and wrote down the portion sizes, how many calories, and what I want to eat so I have it planned out to about 400 calories. My moms house, she is letting me come home and cook my own food. Probably egg white burrito w/ tiny amount of cheese or a ground turkey burrito.. mmm both are so so yummy! and if I do decide to indulge or overindulge which I probably won't, but I would like to go for a short 20-30 minute run towards the end of the day.. my plan. we'll see if I stick to it!! good luck with your easter weekend:) I know it can be hard but you have to remember smaller portions, eat better things, and skip dessert if all possible!!

eat CLEAN!!:)
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    I have a itty bitty black dress from high school. I want to wear it in five weeks (my 30th bday). I'm hanging it where I can see it frequently this weekend.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    My gym hours are limited on Easter so I will walk if it isn't raining or do a Kettlebell work out. Food wise I am o.k. because my family understands and is very supportive. I will probably eat ham and turkey and salad. I won't eat the desserts but I might bring something sugar free for me.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    I plan to load up on veggies, and have a few bits of the things that I look forward to all year. If I don't LOVE and ADORE it, I won't be eating it. :)
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Easter is my cheat day
    for one its my birthday so ill have a little cake and maybe a little ice cream.... load up on some healthy veggies we are having ham but i plan on running on the treadmill a bit for my "cheat" and i did some extra workouts this week just for Easter!! :blushing:

hope everyone has a wonderful Easter wkend and a lovely meal!!
    ~Bethany
  • I have two get togethers planned, am I am bringing something "healthy" to pass to both of them. I'm a huge fan of hard boiled eggs, so doubling up on my protein instead of all the Easter candy! Eat whats on my plate and not take seconds, plus take my puppy for a walk today and tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.