Giving up drinking, looking for support

Options
2»

Replies

• Stephanie_skinny
    Stephanie_skinny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is going thru the same situation. I think I have supported him a lot on your decision and definitely know kind of what you are going thru. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • mattg1429
    Options
    Iam in the same boat. I just stopped drinking about three weeks ago it rough. But not having the extra calories from drinking is a big plus that should hopefully help with the weight loss. I used to work out and eat healthy but then I would drink at night and it was almost impossible for me to lose anything bc of all the extra calories from drinking. Good luck with everything I commend you for giving up drinking its pretty tough! You can add me if you want some support!
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Well this post makes me 100% happy - so proud to read you're making the decision to take control!
    I come from an alcoholic family history - so I would be more than happy to share with you the effects of drinking on family members and the wonderful joys that come around when your family members get to see you doing so much better!
    I also had a segment in my life where I was "playing around with the devil" if you will lol - but was able to drop it and haven't touched a drink in nearly.....5 years now. So I'd be glad to share with you that story too. :)
    Again - very proud of you pal! Woohoo! :)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I came to the same decision myself. I'm giving it up for Lent. Kind of like with weight loss, that's my intermediate goal. When I make it for 40+ days, that'll prove I can do it for good. It's apparent to me that alcohol is empty calories and it reduces my resolve to keep from eating everything in sight. To lose the weight I want & maintain the loss once I achieve it, alcohol is nothing but a detriment. Here's hoping & praying we can both be successful.
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well this post makes me 100% happy - so proud to read you're making the decision to take control!
    I come from an alcoholic family history - so I would be more than happy to share with you the effects of drinking on family members and the wonderful joys that come around when your family members get to see you doing so much better!
    I also had a segment in my life where I was "playing around with the devil" if you will lol - but was able to drop it and haven't touched a drink in nearly.....5 years now. So I'd be glad to share with you that story too. :)
    Again - very proud of you pal! Woohoo! :)

I really appreciate your comments.
    My drinking got out of control so fast and I really stopped liking myself. I feel good about my choice. I just hope I can hold on to this feeling and resist temptation.
  • bruningk78
    bruningk78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well....it became a major problem for me and I had to seek help to quit and I have been clean since November of last year. I feel so much better.....not to mention no longer drinking all those empty calories....

Let's help and support each other :flowerforyou:
  • joels1979
    joels1979 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like I stopped drinking 2007, will to support everyone that needs it
  • DaddyWalks
    Options
    I quit drinking 3 years ago and lost 90 pounds. I've been drinking in moderation since Dec. '12 and I've gained 10 pounds. Ooopsie.
    The lesson will be repeated until it is learned, I suppose.

From what I remember, the first week was tough. After that every day seemed to get better and better and life didn't get interrupted every week or so from the bottle. My negative self talk turned into positive affirmations and it made for wonderful days and fulfilling nights.

My last drink was last night.

It's nice to be able to relate with some people.
  • stacyjsims
    stacyjsims Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Giving up a life controlling addiction will FOREVER change your life! YOU CAN DO THIS!