Rotator cuff injury...

Options
Hey does anyone know what cardio and/or strength exercises I can do with an injured rotator cuff? Also are there any that will actually help to heal the injury? I went walking the other day and it felt great while doing it, but hours later i was in excruciating pain again...I want to work out so badly, but it seems like anything I do causes more pain...I'm already living on ibuprofen...Please help!

Replies

• TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with my Rotator Cuff. I still to this day don't know how I hurt it, but it still gives me pain. That was about a month ago.
    When I went to the Doctor on January 18, 2013 I told her about my Rotator Cuff and she put me on Anti-Inflammatory Pills. It actually helped, not at first though. But now the pain isn't as bad. If I move my arm a certain way it hurts. Left arm. Thank goodness I'm right handed.
    I have done exercising with it. Move it around, if you don't you will get "Frozen Shoulder", which it can make your Rotator Cuff hurt worse.
    Just look up Rotator Cuff Exercises on your Computer. Or get some from your Doctor.
    I hope this helps, Teresa
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd ask the doctor who diagnosed the injury about exercise. You could get advice that will further damage it by asking on an open forum.