How long are you at the gym for?

Options
How long is too long?

Was at the gym for 1 hour 50 minutes today and noticed a lot of people arrived after me but left before me. It's a small gym so it's easy to notice.

How long are you usually there for? What is considered normal?

Replies

• SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    1-2 hrs and I think that is about average for the people I know at the gym.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what other people think - what do you think? Do you wish you were there less? Is the gym taking too much time out of your day and away from your other responsibilities? Or is it just fine? That is what matters.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym between 5 - 5.20 pm and leave between 8 - 8.20 pm. I do shower after a work out.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Its not about long or short of time you are there its about what you accomplish in that time.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing - during my "rest" week I have generally been there for about 40-50 minutes per workout but on heavier periods I can be there as long as 1.5-2 hours, sometimes even beyond that but it's rare.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    When I was focsed on cardio, I spent more than an hour at the gym (like 90 minutes or so).

Since switching to a weight lifting routine, my workout takes about 55 minutes x3 days a week.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm probably no use to you since I don't notice what normal is for most people but I try to do an hours solid work.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm usually there for an hour and a half. Enough time to workout for an hour, and then clean up and change.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It's going to differ due to lots of different factors. As long as you aren't in the gym 8 hours a day I think you're fine. Myself, I do about 30 mins of cardio, but if I'm doing weights it's more like 90 mins (with warm-up, cool-down, mobility work, etc factored in)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Some people I know usually range between 30-45 mins all the way up to a couple hours.

If you think you've done a quality workout in whatever amount of time that you have, the quantity of minutes doesn't matter as much. Kudos for going hard for that long!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    45-75 minutes is normal for me
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Same here.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options

me too... depends on what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, how rushed for time I am etc.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    About 2 hours. 1 Hour cardio the rest weights
  • 21Pontoon
    Options
    It can be anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours... depends if I'm doing lots of fiddly stuff with weights or arsing about for no reason. Lots of reasons x
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    weights only, by myself-45 mins
    weights only, with partner(s)-60 mins
    cardio or metabolic work, separate or with weights-20 to 36 mins
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I would say about 45 mins to an hour and a half. Some days I do 30DS, everytime I go I spend about 35 minutes on the treadmill (10 minute walking warm up, 1 min run/1 min walk x 10, 5 minute cool down - varies each day). I hit the free weights and various weight machines then call it a day.

Short and sweet.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Usually between 45 minutes-1 hour
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a rush about 40 mins. But I like to spend about 1-1.5hrs so I can try and really push myself, rather than just going through the motions.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    in and out in 60 - 80 minutes