Trying to Find the Time!

Options
My name is Donelle, I am 28 and married to the man I have been in love with since I was 16! We have 3 wonderful kids ages 10, 9 and almost 5. I work out of a hospital, but I am rarely ever actually IN the hospital, I am a traveling phlebotomist. I travel to nursing homes and home bound patients in my area and draw their blood so that they don't have to leave the house just to have a blood test done. One perk of that is that I am constantly on my feet but a major downfall is that I spend the majority of my time driving in my company car. I start work at 5AM, so trying to exercise before work is definitely out of the question! Lately, my husband and I have been going for long brisk walks when I am off of work at 1:30PM. The kids get out of school at 3:30 and after that it is homework, dinner, showers and bed!!

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    If you only have 2 hours inbetween when you finish and when your kids finish school, why not just do a workout dvd at home that only takes 20-30 minutes? There is plenty out there but I recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    As the person above said, or in the evening and weekends.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Sounds really similar to my day. I start early and finish at 1.30pm, then have to rush to get some shopping and collect daughter from school, then it's the usual homework, dinner and getting the kids prepared for bed. I thought never had time for exercise either but then started doing 30 Day Shred that you get free on You Tube. It's great just 20 mins of intensive exercise and then you can get on with the rest of the stuff you have to do. We have to remember to take some time for ourselves too. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like and we can give each other support and Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you only have 2 hours inbetween when you finish and when your kids finish school, why not just do a workout dvd at home that only takes 20-30 minutes? There is plenty out there but I recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30.

I agree here. I'm a nurse (up at 4:30am on days I work) so I get how hard it can be to get motivated after an early start, but if you can up your game in that two hour gap to really get your burn up, than it's a great time to work out. My favourite saying right now is "A one hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses!"
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am a busy mum too. No time for anything, but I have an exercise dvd that I can fine 30 mins for 4 times a week and I just do it when I can. It helps if you can work it into your schedule, just before picking the kids up sounds a great time :)
    Also I have bought a skipping rope and do a couple of mins here and there. And jumping jacks for 2mins at a time. (While kettle boiling) hubby thinks I'm mad but it all adds up!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

I agree here. I'm a nurse (up at 4:30am on days I work) so I get how hard it can be to get motivated after an early start, but if you can up your game in that two hour gap to really get your burn up, than it's a great time to work out. My favourite saying right now is "A one hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses!"

I love that saying, I am going to remember that from now on when I can't get myself motivated!
  • Donjoe2448
    Options
    I have been looking into getting some DVD's, especially since I live in Wisconsin and it is still pretty cold here, and will be for a while! I have just made the decision to start getting up and doing something about it! I can sit and moan and complain all day long but at the end of the day, i only have myself to blame! Like I said, my husband and I went on long walks (that for me is a huge deal because usually it is "Hey honey we dont have the kids, lets go get a bite to eat") and they weren't that easy! We have a series of parkways in my county and we walk the trails and they are very hilly and steep! It isn't much but it is a start!! And these are all wonderful suggestions and it is all very encouraging!! :)