- Bulking/Cutting
- etc!

BASICS ABOUT ME:
Been here since: November 2012
Weight: 141lbs
Height: 5'6"
Body fat: 19.73%
Goal: To become stronger & leaner!
Currently: Starting week 7 of Stronglifts/Bulking.
I eat: 2200-2400 calories per day.

Many of my current MFP are only into cardio, constantly eating at deficit & losing pounds. I need some friends who have similar goals to me & could share tips or progress! :)

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Hi I've been doing stronglifts since last March, but did take Aug - Oct off to train for a cycling century.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Great! Have you seen any physical progress since March? I haven't been able to see much so far, I suspect my muscles are hiding under the little fat I have! But my lifts are getting stronger.
  • rgrstetson
    rgrstetson Posts: 121 Member
    I mix it up and am in a strength phase now. I will transfer to power in about 12 weeks though.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    absolutely. improvement in definition, especially in my back and hamstrings/glutes. Most importantly, low heavy squats have completely eliminated the knee pain I've lived with since the age of 11 due to chondromalacia.

the only negative for me has been a nagging right shoulder grade 1 separation. I've had to stop bench pressing altogether and have modified the OHP with wider grip and slightly forward angle. In lieu of the benchpress, I do 3 sets of 10 decline pushups with toes on a ball. I've read that a normal pushup is equivalent to 1/2 bodyweight benchpress, but I don't know how much, if any, extra credit I get for the decline, ha. I also throw in curls now since I'm not benching.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    I do wendler 5/3/1 cycles - currently cutting just finished a mini bulk/reverse diet to build up my daily calories

feel free to add
  • ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    been doing random routines and i finally settled on SL 3 weeks ago and loving it so far.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    I don't feel like I lift particularly heavy, but I'm working on it (with a combo of 5/3/1 for BP and OHP and SS for squats and DL's), and while I do usually wind up eating at a deficit it's just because I'm getting used to going from eating pretty much nothing to 2k+ a day. I do boxing drills about once a week too.
  • Feel free to add me! Amazing to see women who aren't scared of heavy lifting.
  • If you are hitting a plateau you need to look into your diet, a small increase in calories can do wonders for your goals.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    I think what one of my issues may be is getting enough protein! Even when scavenging the house for tuna, chicken, eggs, leftovers, cheese, etc I have a hard time getting enough for my lean body mass. I finally got protein powder yesterday to toss in my smoothies so hopefully that'll make a difference :)
  • araimond
    araimond Posts: 19 Member
    In the same boat with struggling to put on muscle weight. Protein shakes seem to be the only way I can get well over the 3500 calorie mark eating clean. Would like to add some people to my friend list who have had success packing on the lbs...