Kettlebells

Mrs_Demeanor
Mrs_Demeanor Posts: 8 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I bought a kettlebell...maybe about a month ago. It's great!! I absolutely love it! The dvd it came with gives me a great cardio like sweat. I know it's probably a mixture of strength training and cardio, but what would you enter it in as on this site? The video makes it feel more like cardio to me, but i dunno. What do you think? I usually don't enter it because I'm unsure.

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I don't do kettlebells -- at least not until I start my class on the 11th! I would probably enter it as circuit training. Circuit training is resistance work that is done intensely enough (very little rest between sets) such that your heart rate stays up and you also get a cardiovascular workout. You might also consider getting a heart rate monitor to really zero in on how much you are burning. I know that some of my circuit workouts are much harder than others but I can't account for that on this site. (I need to get my HRM fixed.)
  • Mrs_Demeanor
    Mrs_Demeanor Posts: 8 Member
    i really do want a hrm. I just don't want to buy one. lol! I'll probably eventually breakdown and buy one. Putting in as circuit training does sound like it would make sense tho. Thx!! =D
This discussion has been closed.