Having a hard time noticing my loss...

2»

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Look at that tiny waist! You look gorgeous, lady!

Also, there is quite a noticeable difference from your before photo. You look thinner, younger, and happier!

You may have stalled a little bit, but continuing your good habits and pushing yourself physically when you get the opportunities, you WILL get there :smile: And every stall along the way you will still be closer than when you started!

Plus, what I find helpful when I get frustrated with slow progress is to think about the behaviours and not the results: Is there a merit to being physically active and eating less with better foods outside of weight loss? Yes. I will be healthier, stronger, have more energy and be less at risk for a myriad of diseases. Reason enough to continue right there.

Also, when I get frustrated, I think about what my alternatives are. Will eating more, eating junk more frequently, or working out less often accomplish anything good for me? Nope. So what's the question then? Do I continue? Yes. So then I start thinking "what can I change about my attitude or outlook to keep me encouraged rather than discouraged?" I'm going to do this regardless. Might as well be proud of my accomplishments and take joy in the little changes/discoveries rather than letting the obstacles ahead of me or my pace get me down.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Wait...what? You really don't see a huge difference? You really do look so, so different. Keep making positive choices, and you'll get to where you want to be.
  • wow absolutly incredible transformation! you look stunning. the weightloss is very noticable; both in your body and in the confidence you exude! keep up the amazing work! x
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Notsureifsrs.

You look TOTALLY different.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Little body dismorphia? You look completely different good job
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    You don't even look like the same person - you look about half the size you were! You have done fantastically. Can you see the difference looking at the photos? I don't see myself looking different in the mirror - but in photos I can see small changes. You should be very proud of what you have achieved. I think you may have body dis-morphia too. Maybe look into it?
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    I have been at my weight loss journey now for a little over 5 1/2 months and the scale was moving great and now its at a stand still and I am having a hard time noticing what I have done so I thought I would share a before an after pic and I hope you guys can tell a difference. This journey as been a very emotional journey for me to find who I am :) I feel like I should look better after losing 50# and I have 30# more pounds to lose just seems out of reach! Thanks for listening to my story...

c7809fb7-de72-404c-a750-f779a3615a7c_zps9b6e8543.jpg

WOW seriously you can't tell!!!! OMG I thought I suffered from body dysmorphia! lol. You look amazing and SO much smaller than you were, probably 1/3 less of your former self!

Good luck with the rest of your journey. x
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    WOW WOW WOW that's all I can say. You look incredibly different nice work. I would be stoked if I looked as good as you. Well done!
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Honey, Your beautiful :heart:
    Sometimes the eyes are blind to our own progress, take off those fat glasses and see how much you've changed!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    You look wonderful! I see a difference for sure :)
  • You have done an amazing job just sty focused and you will reach your goal :)
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Wow I can see it!
    Everyone says they see a difference with me but I have no before photos to compare with :ohwell:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Even if all you did was maintain as you currently are, you would still be a huge WIN! Stick with it and even if it takes twice as long it will be worth the wait!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    u kiddin me ?..fantastic transformation!..i could see the difference from miles:drinker: :drinker:
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    you look amazing. I also have trouble seeing my differences i think it is from a poor self body image all these years. Keep up the great work !
  • o58598
    o58598 Posts: 25 Member
    We are our own worst enemy. There is always something more or better. I have a picture I took before my husband and I got married. I remember looking at it thinking i was so FAT. Now I look at it and say I wish I was that size.

You need to love yourself at all sizes and then love yourself enough to get healthy.
  • You look AWESOME!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Before I read your post I just saw your pictures and I literally thought to myself "Wow, she looks great!!"

So, you look great :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Huge difference! You look great! Keep it up!
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    You look fantastic, great job!
    I sympathize with your predicament though, I'm in a similar situation. I've dropped 56 pound in 4 months , 44 pounds still to lose. People keep commenting on my new appearance but I can't see it. I still feel bloated and uncomfortable and when I see my reflection I look just the same as i always did.
    I guess we have to trust the scales and the tape and the kind words of the people in our lives and avoid all mirrors!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!