Starting weight loss journey today!

For the past four years of my life I told myself to lose weight. But "oddly" enough i gained weight instead. Weekly getting ridiculed for that weight gain, and not being happy; I've decided TODAY February 17, 2013 is the day I start! Not only do i want to look in the mirror and be happy, I want to be healthy. I want to live a long life with happiness and energy! Every single one of us deserves to be happy with our bodies and we can do it! We can be the person we've dreamt of being! with time and patience I truly hope that not only myself but everyone on this site hits their goals! I am excited and I hope you are too!:smile:

Replies

• sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Awesome! Good for you! I started 6 years ago. Went from 206 down to 110 and have kept it off. I've been overweight since I was 6 years old. You can do it! You just have to keep trying and never give up :)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    It sounds like you have found the right mind set to lose weight and that's so important. Just realize it takes time. There will be ups and downs, but move on when you have a particularly tough day. It's all part of the journey. Wishing you health and happiness!
  • missinmyme
    missinmyme Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations on your decision to get healthy! This will be a life long journey. Nutrition is 80% and exercise 20% of living healthy. My fitness pal is a helpful tool and the friends you make here can help you find your way to the you, you want to be. Welcome!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    welcome to you this is a great site, we are a big family of support and motivation, you can add me I need support also
  • nyclove81
    nyclove81 Posts: 13 Member
    Just want to welcome you! You can do it!!