Before you cheat....

Options
tiffanygil
tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
:laugh: So.... I had my first really big cheat day yesterday and got a brownie fudge sundae from Braums. At least it was a single but it is what I have been promising myself I would eat if I reached my goal. It was not worth it! I cant believe I'm saying this but for over 1000 cals I would have thought my pleasure would have lasted longer....but anyways. Tonight I had this awesome strawberry dish that was 100 x's more enjoyable with about 950 calories less than that stinking sundea.

1 cup of sliced strawberries 53 cals
1 tablespoon of sugar free choclate syrup 7.5 cals
2 tablespoons of cool whip free 15 cals

OMG it was fanastic! Simple easy and really good! I'm going to add bananas and blueberrys next time. I just cant believe how much more i LIKED this dish than the sundae!

Replies

• jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I love fresh strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar, about a 1 tbsp of each. Yummy!
  • jkstoysich
    jkstoysich Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your sundae experience! I really am satisfied with healthier desserts like sugar-free pudding with cool whip free, or sugar-free yogurt, or Healthy Choice mocha java ice cream bars. But even though these are satisfying, I find myself thinking ahead to the Easter goodies I have purchased for Sunday's easter baskets for the kids. Will I endulge? Maybe. Will it be worth it? I don't know. I might feel the same as you did! I'm planning extra exercise to compensate!
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It seems like everytime I allow myself to cheat, I usually think it wasn't worth it. Sometimes it is totally worth it but most of the time it is not. But it is really hard to convince myself that it is not worth it BEFORE I eat it. That is my downfall.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    but for over 1000 cals I would have thought my pleasure would have lasted longer...
    Like my mom always said, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips." lol So true, yet I went for the moments over and over. :)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean! It seems afterwards, it is not worth wasting those calories on the fattening items! THanks for the recipe!
  • RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Yum! Chocolate and strawberries are lovely together.
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    FIrst, congratulations on 95 lbs lost. That's awesome.

Second, I agree with you completely. I was on vacation last week. My very good friend, bless her heart, made baked brie in puff pastry. I promised myself one bite. That first bite was okay. Then I took another, then another. As I've read before, the first bite is always the best bite. It goes downhill from there.

In the old days, I was always trying to get that "perfect" flavor or taste. But it's really true. The first bite is the best bite. And, in this case, it was just okay to start with.

I think it was old habit that had me going back to get a little more flavor. I'm so glad to be back home and back to good food again. The flavor of fresh fruits and vegetables is astonishingly good when compared to the things I used to think were really good but that never quite satisfied me. After just a couple of days, my taste adjusted completely.

MFP is the best thing to have happened to me combined with an eating approach that focuses on healthy, whole foods. I don't ever want to go back to what journalist Michael Pollan calls "edible food-like substances."