One month in to Year Two ..

Options
.. which means I've been at this MFP game for 13 months.

In that time I have lost 62lbs, over 60" and have gained a whole new perspective on life.
Well, let's not kid ourselves; some days I'm still working hard at that part!

I joined MFP when I was 2 months post-partum with the intent of watching myself shrink as I watched my daughter grow. I have had significant success in large part to the amazing friends I have in my corner. Not only do these people root me on, but seeing their own drive and motivation toward their own commitment to themselves is oftentimes what I need as a daily reminder that I, too, am worth every minute of sweat.

I'm not a collector of people; quite to the contrary, in fact. I have lost a few friends along the way after learning that we were not a fit for one another here, in this time and place. SO .. it's now that I come here, looking for a new set of potential recruits for the next 365 :)

I'm a few months out from 28 years old, I'm 5'5" and I'm hovering around 163lbs, down from 225lbs (pregnancy weight.)
I'm 13lbs from my first goal, and looking forward to making new ones!
I blog. A lot. (Well, I used to. Now I blog sometimes.)
I will support you, but I will not support your bad habits or repeated offenses without striving for improvement.
I will ask you questions because I want to get to know you, so that I can offer the best support I can.
I will be in your corner so long as you are in there for yourself, too.
And all I ask is that you do the same :)

If you feel like your stats or your goals align with mine, I encourage you to send me a friend request and we can work at this together! Of course, no hurt feelings if once you do, either of us realize it's not a fit. Too often people are insulted by being "forcibly removed," when, really -- you're here to make yourself a priority, and I don't believe in letting anyone hold you back from doing so.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone just starting out and those veterans looking to add to their roster!
Hope to "meet" some of you soon!

M.

Replies

• foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    No one bit.

I'm now in the 150s, even closer to that first goal and still welcoming new palskis!

Heeeeeere,fishyfishyfishyfishy!

:)
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hiya :)
    I'm 5'4", 20 years old and about 170 pounds (I say about, I usually use kilos :tongue: )
    Would like to get down to about 135 pounds :)
    xx