accountablity...found this place.

Options
My name is Traci and I found this place for the accountability I hope to find here.

I have went back to school after 20 years out and am taking a required fitness class. We were told we'd get our lowest score raised to a 100% score if we kept a food diary. Well...that slightly motivated me. However I have MS and began working out about 3 months ago, although very hit and miss due to some really severe exhaustion. Now I get to thinking about this food diary and how I have been slipping into old eating habits - not over eating, just NOT eating - and how that has got to be affecting my health and the loss of what weight gain I do have.

So with the help of the handy dandy food/calorie calculator I have figured the last 3 days and see that I have been eating better since class Thursday.

I hope to eat better and incorporate some positive exercise programs to help rebuild lost muscle - mostly in my legs but over all. I don't want to be a burden to my family.

Thank you for any and all encouragement I can get here.

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well you will find great accountability, but more than anything.....support! Any question, frustration, and/or celebration will be shared by all here. God luck eating healthier! It's a great and rewarding journey, enjoy the ride!
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I live in Alberta, Canada and work at a very large multi-use recreation facility. Our fitness & wellness centre off many classes for MS clients. I type up their evaluation forms after their session is over....and they always love them. Kinesis is a very popular one. We also have yoga, etc. They love the social aspect, as well as the health benefits they are all seeing.
  • with7kids
    Options
    Thank you both for the warm and quick welcome!

lgblack, Could you please tell me more about the Kinesis exercise?