mom needs advice from other other working moms

Options
hello! so i could use advice from other moms in my position!
i have a house full of kids and i work full time.i get up very early! and many times stay up late!
in the mornings im getting kids ready for school/daycare
then when i get home i immediately begin the daily chores.when kids get home thats when its homework,baths,
dinner ect! then after kids are in bed i finish up the last of the chores i missed during the day.
after many yrs of this i notice,i completely forget myself!
i have time to brush my teeth and put my hair in a pony tail and thats it!
yrs ago i use to wear makeup and took alot of pride in how i looked.i miss that!!
but it seems im too tired to get up any earlier.
im sure my curling iron has a nice layer of dust on it by now lol.
im so into my "routine" and feel good about being organised and functional.im comfortable.
but i also want to feel beautiful.i also think that would help with my weight loss.
my attitude has realy affected what i think of myself and the not having any motivation which is key to staying on my journey,
how do you ladies do it daily? its so much easier just to skip over my beauty routine every morning! i work in health care so im
wearing scrubs and ugly shoes.lol
i see other women who are moms and they work and wear 6inch heals and look gorgeous everyday!
how do they do it?
i cant be the only mom out there like this?

Replies

• theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You really do have to either go to bed earlier and wake up earlier (before them), or you have to get someone else to step in for like an hour a day so you can get a workout or a run or even a walk in.
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    i was actually talking about beauty routine.not exercise
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Get a magazine of some different hair styles, and pick out several styles...find a stylist you like that is honest with you, and ask what would work for your face, and styling ease/time. I cut mine short and donated it to locks of love. It takes about 5 min to fix it now, but it's short & cute now.

For makeup, it can be very simple too. Find a Mary Kay lady, have a party or go to one where you can sample different looks/colors, and the quick and easy application. Some ladies pack it up and arrive early to work, and fix themselves up in the ladies room if it's nice enough. Makeup counters at the nice dept stores can help too. Try out some different things, and see what works for you. I get ready in about 1/2 hour in the morning. That includes make up, hair, and getting dressed and out the door.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help you or not (I only have one kid and it is just the two of us so things might be a bit easier). I decide whether I'm going to wear my hair curly or straight the day before (usually based on the weather). If I'm going to go straight, I shower as soon as we get home and let my hair air dry as I do all the stuff for the night. Then when the kiddo is getting ready for bed, I straighten/style my hair for the next day (I can do a quick touch up if I need to in the morning). If I am going to wear it curly, I take a shower in the morning before we go (hopefully while the kiddo is getting dressed for school (quick shower 10 minutes, maybe)) then I put a bunch of mousse in my hair that makes it stay nice and curly instead of frizzy. I take the kiddo to school and have perfected a 3 minute make-up routine that I do in the car after I park and before I go into school or work. I almost never wear heels because I have ankle issues. I try to make sure that I have easy to put together outfits that look cute and are functional. I wear jeans a lot and try to get a variety of tops that can dress up a pair of jeans with flats. About 1/2 the time, I do end up just throwing on a t shirt and jeans but I try to make sure my hair and make-up are done unless I have other stuff going on and then I might just throw my hair up in a ponytail.
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    thankyou ladies! you guys have some great ideas!!!
  • crieve
    crieve Posts: 33
    Options
    Get a magazine of some different hair styles, and pick out several styles...find a stylist you like that is honest with you, and ask what would work for your face, and styling ease/time. I cut mine short and donated it to locks of love. It takes about 5 min to fix it now, but it's short & cute now.

For makeup, it can be very simple too. Find a Mary Kay lady, have a party or go to one where you can sample different looks/colors, and the quick and easy application. Some ladies pack it up and arrive early to work, and fix themselves up in the ladies room if it's nice enough. Makeup counters at the nice dept stores can help too. Try out some different things, and see what works for you. I get ready in about 1/2 hour in the morning. That includes make up, hair, and getting dressed and out the door.

I couldnt agree more....I just had a makeup artist come to my house ( so didnt have to get a sitter) and give me a lesson that included quick everyday applications and then a nice date night application. If you dont know of someone then totally go to a makeup counter it will make you feel beautiful when you leave and also give you an idea of a good quick everyday makeup routine. I do my makeup & hair when the kids are eating their breakfast, only takes a few mins and I feel beautiful all day. Remember taking the time out for yourself helps you feel better and have more energy for your kids.
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    i think i mite try that! i forget sometimes that how i feel sometimes effects the kids too.
    and i completely feel in a slump and not attractive what so ever.lol
    my mind is always focused on "working hard" "take care of everything and everyone"
    and theres only so many hrs in the day....
    i constantly forget myself.literally and emotionally!
    thankyou!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Also remember that confidence it beautiful too!! I do my make-up in the car before going into work..If I forget to, I notice that I don't feel as strong and confident. Confidence is key! If you feel confident in how you look, people will notice..If they like it or not that is their choice.