HELP!!!!

Options
I need desperately to find things I can eat that are low in fat low in carbs and calories. I am having a horrible time. The doctor said I really need to cut down my carbs alot. I need to lose alot of weight. I am diabetic, I have heart problems etc etc ....I have a gall bladder that really needs to come out but no doctor will touch me. They say I am too high risk, and they don't want me to die on the table. Well I dont either ..... so I gotta keep it so I can keep my gall bladder under control but still fix things to keep me at least a little full so I am not miserable. I want to try to eat normal. Being in a wheelchair or walker makes it very hard for me to make anything. I can't stand for more than a couple minutes maybe not even that. Can anyone help me with things to eat? meals.. snacks anything... I really am trying so hard. and I am keeping my calories at like 1500 to 1700... which I wouldn't eat that much but they say I need to eat during the day, and I usually didn't. Seems like I can't get away from the darn carbs. I have to lose about 200 pounds... I really really need help... PLEASE ?:frown:

Replies

• jcbyfield
    jcbyfield Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've just read your message and really want to try and help you. I'm not a Doctor or a Nutritionist but can try to give you advice that I've picked up over the years;

WORST CARB CULPRIT FOODS:
    Potatoes
    Pasta
    Rice
    Bread
    Cut down on these, even if you only eat half the amount you normally do (make sure they are brown bread, brown rice etc) then you WILL loose some weight.

+ If possible, eat more protein than carbs
    + Eat as much vegetables as possible (not potatoes), you can get microwave or boil ones that dont take long
    + Swap real meat for the Vegetarian alternative - it has less fat and more goodness
    + Try having your dinner plate as; 50% Veg - 35% Protein (ie chicken) - 15% carbs (rice, pasta)
    + Drink LOADS of water - I mean, every time you have some food, wash it down with water - it will make you feel more full
    + Do not try to starve yourself - as a diabetic you need to ensure you keep your levels right
    + As a diabetic beware of fruits high in sugar
    + Try doing exercise, I dont mean jumping up or down or running - I mean just sitting down, kicking out your legs, swinging your arms around, whatever, just to get your heartbeat up

Remember: If you eat 20 Mars Bars a week, and cut that down to 18 a week, you will still loose weight. Thinking of things like this always helps me. It means that even a small change can help in the long term scheme of things.

I also think you should post the photo of how you look now. Get everything out in the open and start from there. I made the mistake of using 'nice photos' of me years ago when I was skinnier, so in my head I believed I was still that person, and therefore didnt need to loose weight. You have to face up to the reality, people will support you :smile:

JoJo