new :)

Options
So this is the first time I've ever been on a site like this. Im pretty young and in decent shape so I'm not sure if this is the right kind of site for me to try. I'm not really trying to lose weight, I'm mostly just trying to get in shape. Right now i don't really exercise except for a jujistu class I take at the Y once a week. My metabolism is still really high but I worry that when I lose that I'll become overweight since that happened to my mom. I'd like to get into good eating habits and start an exercise routine so I won't struggle with it once I'm older.

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You can set it on maintenance. I think it's a good idea to keep track of how you eat and how much exercise you do. It's never too early to live healthfully. Just don't obsess about your weight or think you need to be underweight to look good.
  • cehrenhaus
    Options
    Welcome!
    I think it it a great idea to start taking care of yourself before having problems! I am in the same boat than you (Except I'm older and I'd like to loose a couple of pounds), I am fit, I am in the right BMI frame, but I want to keep it like that.
    Eating healthy can increase your overall health and life span! so go for it!
    Also, if you start exercising, do not get discouraged if you put on some weight. Muscle does weight more than fats and you will get heavier, but you will look better too! because the fat will be going away and your body will be toning.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Welcome!
    I think it it a great idea to start taking care of yourself before having problems! I am in the same boat than you (Except I'm older and I'd like to loose a couple of pounds), I am fit, I am in the right BMI frame, but I want to keep it like that.
    Eating healthy can increase your overall health and life span! so go for it!
    Also, if you start exercising, do not get discouraged if you put on some weight. Muscle does weight more than fats and you will get heavier, but you will look better too! because the fat will be going away and your body will be toning.

So true. I have to go by body fat percentages and measurements rather than numbers on a scale. The last time I was this size, I weighed 10 pounds less but I've put on some muscle this time.