Dear Saturday,

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I love my vodka outings way too much to give them up...the sad part is that my vodka calorie count is wayyy higher than my meals ... lol I wonder how much weight I wouldve lost by now ...had i decided to give my alchohal weekends a break....But I know it wont happen :laugh: so I'll just keep wondering and enjoy my tipsyness and good times :bigsmile: and yikes... 490 in cals on vodka alone! :noway:

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    how much do you drink!? vodka's only 60-70 cals a shot! I drink with diet coke to cut cals and my sister drinks what she calls a 'skinny *****'. Its just 1 shot of vodka in 8 oz water with a little lemon juice. sounds nasty to me but she loves them!
  • hasiangirl
    how much do you drink!? vodka's only 60-70 cals a shot! I drink with diet coke to cut cals and my sister drinks what she calls a 'skinny *****'. Its just 1 shot of vodka in 8 oz water with a little lemon juice. sounds nasty to me but she loves them!
    i actually heard theyre pretty good...tastes like sprite without the fix...I usually drink anywhere from 7-17 shots of vodka throughout the night... i start drinking at 6PM and end at 2-3 AM ....lol im a party girl =/
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    I agree, the vodka calories add up waaaay too quickly!! when I make a mixed drink I use 2 ounces. Any less than that and I just wouldn't taste the vodka! I will easily have 2-3 drinks on a friday or saturday night, and viola! There is 420 calories I don't need!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    at least you are drinkin that and not beer!!
  • hasiangirl
    I agree, the vodka calories add up waaaay too quickly!! when I make a mixed drink I use 2 ounces. Any less than that and I just wouldn't taste the vodka! I will easily have 2-3 drinks on a friday or saturday night, and viola! There is 420 calories I don't need!
    haha but it's oh so fun...and I agree u need to have that tate of vodka in there!...but if youre out and dancing then you're burning off those cal right? :bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    luckily i cant stand the taste of beer otherwise i prob would lol...someone should invent a diet vodka haha
  • xonophone
    !...but if youre out and dancing then you're burning off those cal right? :bigsmile:

Yes, that's right! Good point :)
  • xonophone
    luckily i cant stand the taste of beer otherwise i prob would lol...someone should invent a diet vodka haha

I'm not a beer drinker either, but in the summer I do enjoy a frosty cold one from time to time. I just tried a Bud Select 55 and it was surprisingly good! I'm actually now thinking of switching from wine & vodka to just that, since it's lower in calories than anything else!

hmm, notice how I said "switching" alcohol, not "eliminating" alcohol? Haha, oh well! You only live once!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Got to have me my beer. My husband was a brewer and I developed a taste for a well made beer. Since I have no plans on giving them up, just don't drink that often or much I don't worry about it. After all, this is my life plan. Good beer is made with grains and natural hops and sugars and yeast. Can't be that bad for you if you don't drink it often or too much.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Are you losing weight? Do you want to lose weight? If you answer yes to those questions... what's the problem. If you answer no to either one of them you may want to re-evaluate.
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    I haven't drank since the Biggest Loser contest started at work... I will be going on two TDY's (temporary mission, like a vacation with work).

Its the same concept as being the DD at a frat house party... sad. I am just going to go to the gym. A lot. Or forego food for a drunken night of debauchery:laugh: (Note: I am kidding... I think)
This discussion has been closed.