help needed

hey,
Im Martin, recently i was knocked down by a car while crossing the road. thankfully i didnt suffer any serious injuries except for damaging my knee. as it is now putting my weight on it or general movement of same hurts a bit.

My stupid question is this......
can anybody here suggest exersize i can do while sitting or lying. preferably sitting as lying hurts my hamstrings in same leg. in case it matters i had a broken back a good few years back so not sure if weights are an idea or not.

Suggestions please. tons of energy that i justcant burn off so up all night..
Regards, Martin.

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Not a stupid question, sorry to hear this happened Martin. How about swimming?
  • Hi. You can go to YOUTUBE and type in CHAIR EXERCISES and you will see the tons of stuff that you can do. WHen I hurt my knee and when doc said to take it easy, I did Sit And Be Fit.

Hope that helps a bit :)
  • xDMartinHx
    xDMartinHx Posts: 1,002 Member
    thought of that. not driving at mo, not the greatest swimmer. would the stretch not aggrivate the knee. i dnt know.
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Seeing as I'm still not asleep either as the fecking power supply for my Xbox keeps whining at me, I'll chip in here and say that even though you might not be the best swimmer (you'd still be better than me, I jump in, water jumps out, or if I do manage to stay in the wet stuff I end up flailing about like an enraged Kraken) that even being in the water will do a world of good.
    When I royally farked my knee I ended up simply floating there and flexing, and as the neutral buoyancy relieves stress, it actually locked up a lot less and aided recovery a little.
    Just don't go trying it in that fishing lake you showed me!
  • xDMartinHx
    xDMartinHx Posts: 1,002 Member
    Seeing as I'm still not asleep either as the fecking power supply for my Xbox keeps whining at me, I'll chip in here and say that even though you might not be the best swimmer (you'd still be better than me, I jump in, water jumps out, or if I do manage to stay in the wet stuff I end up flailing about like an enraged Kraken) that even being in the water will do a world of good.
    When I royally farked my knee I ended up simply floating there and flexing, and as the neutral buoyancy relieves stress, it actually locked up a lot less and aided recovery a little.
    Just don't go trying it in that fishing lake you showed me!

end up with extra eyes or worse in that water
  • do you have a gym near you? Mine has an arm bike which works your heart rate like nobody's business. I can run on a treadmill for 30 mins, but 15 mins on the arm bike has me gasping for mercy. It's not even a flashy gym, just the local authority sports centre.
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Considering the extent of your injuries have you done any Physical Therapy? May be a good place to start to see if you can find a sports therapy rehab center to get you started up building strength and gaining flexibility back. A place like that should be able to give you ample exercise plans/ideas as well as guide you in how not to make your problems worse.