snacking at night

Options
2»

Replies

• coffeebean92
    coffeebean92 Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Also some snack ideas for you at night is popcorn I like mine with nutrionalyeast for extra protien and flavor. Also a popsicle(I like whole fruit strawberry ones) dipped in cocoa powder can really hit the chocolate spot. Or you can heart up some unsweetend vanilla almond milk and stir in a tablespoon of cocoa powder and some pumpkin pie spice(it won't be sweet but it will be creamy and satisfying). Also a apple is great or I like to add a cup of frozen blueberries to a cup of unsweetened almond milk (the berries freeze thed milk so it makes a slushy) and I tip it with some cacao nibs. If you are wanting more of a hearty option, a baked sweet potatoes and broccoli is very satisfying and low in calories you can even slice the sweet potatoes in fry shapes and dip them in ketchup too.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I usually have a container of light greek yogurt. 110 calories but because of the protein I do not feel the need for more, nor do I wake up hungry during the night.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Don't keep snacks in the house. Have a piece of fruit or a small container of yogurt...just don't eat more than one.
  • oat_bran
    oat_bran Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason why you don't eat after 9pm? Because if you think that not eating late at night is good for weight loss, it's a myth. It doesn't matter when you eat as long as you stay in deficit. You can rearrange your meal times so that you eat more later in the day and don't have to go to bed starving. For example, I feel hungrier later in the day and I can't sleep when I am hungry. On the other hand, I don't really feel very hungry right after waking up so I postpone my first meal of the day till 11-12am or so, then I have another meal at 4 or 5pm. So my last meal is pretty late, around 10pm. And I save some calories for a small 100-150 calorie protein shake that I drink right before going to bed or sometimes even at night if I wake up hungry, which happens sometimes. Or I can eat a small pot of plain soy or greek yogurt. Works for me.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I cut out anything sweet after dessert. Have my dinner, Allow a snack, And then i eat bowls of low calorie vegetables and hot sauce if i want to eat. If i dont want my yummy vegetables its a craving and i dont need it. Giving into sugary or treat foods for me at night tends to leave me snacking more and more easier to just cut it off and fill up with highly nutritious high water veggies