Breakfast ideas??

Options
Hi Guys :)

I seemed to have reached a stand still in my weight loss journey..... My trainer suggested I cut back on my starches..
I have lunch and dinner down to a T... but wondering about breakfast ideas???
I have been having a 3 egg omelette (1 whole, 2 whites) with a dash of mozzarella cheese.. But im getting pretty tired of eggs..

Anyone have any ideas of breakfasts high in protein but low in starches/carbs?????

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a shake / smoothie?
  • siobang
    siobang Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    I was just doing spinach, banana smoothies with a yogurt and water in my blender. I'm now sick of those, and thinking of doing the egg whites, so lets switch breakfast :)
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Protein shakes. Eggs. Turkey bacon.

Look for recipes for protein pancakes and waffles too. They usually use protein powder in place of some or all of the flour and they're not too bad in my experience.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My new all time favorite breakfast...take 2 egg whites and mixed with a mashed banana. Cook them up like pancakes. They cook fast, so watch closely. You can mix in other fruit, too. Vanilla, cinnamon, what ever sounds good. Sometimes I top with some peanut butter, a little honey. SO SO good! Taste just like banana bread!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    how about....nothing..

seriously I skip breakfast and have my first meal at lunch time about 20% of calls...works for me as I have dropped 3% body fat..
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i do mushrooms, onions, spinich or power greens with 1/4 c egg beaters with some turkey bacon and sausage ALOT yummmmmmmmmm
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The best time of day to eat carbs is in the morning and then adjust your carbs for lunch and dinner accordingly.

Have a piece of toast or piece of fruit wth your protein shake for breakfast.
    Try also to increase your daily activity.
    All the best,

Ben
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    The best time of day to eat carbs is in the morning and then adjust your carbs for lunch and dinner accordingly.

Have a piece of toast or piece of fruit wth your protein shake for breakfast.
    Try also to increase your daily activity.
    All the best,

Ben

umm who says that the best time to eat carbs is in the morning???????
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think skipping breakfast all together is about as beneficial as eating carbs in the morning only lol

But I have read that about carbs. It takes longer for your body to digest them and use that energy. So it is best to eat them early so your body has time to digest it. Instead of late at night when you are sleeping. But like all nutrition ideas, new science comes out every day to support/disprove it lol